POSFriends
make me some furnitures http://thedailypos.org/friends/index.php?topic=1360.new#new

we're drawing pokemon again, maybe
Register |
  (Advanced search)
Pages: [1]
Topic: Super POS World 2  (Read 5381 times)
Permalink  •  June 09, 2017, 02:00:04 AM
Super POS World 2
« on: June 09, 2017, 02:00:04 AM »

Super POS World was a lot of fun, and something we ought to do again!
But, I feel we approached the limits of what can be done with Mario Maker. So, I'd like to use Super Mario Bros X 2.0. If you haven't heard of it, it's basically Mario Maker for PC, with significantly more features and customization.

Download it here!

Since one of the features in SMBX2 is SMW-style world maps, I'd like us to make a "Super POS World 2". We'll have everyone submit maybe 3 levels, and then I'll unify them all in one big world map (which will include some secrets!). This will result in a full "game" that can be downloaded and played through as a single experience, rather than just a list of ala carte levels.

To help facilitate this, I will be posting a set of tutorials on how to use SMBX2, including notes on what's new or different compared to SMM.
Please sign up below! Once few have a few people signed up, I'll give maybe three to four weeks to make levels. We can discuss things like quantity and style as we go.

1: Mia
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 03:30:59 AM by Mia Kris »
Permalink  •  June 09, 2017, 04:52:31 PM
Re: Super POS World 2
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 04:52:31 PM »

2: Gamma
In west Goomba Village born and raised
Rick
  • In west Goomba Village born and raised
Permalink  •  June 10, 2017, 02:25:21 PM
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 02:25:21 PM »

I'll DL it and work on it this week coming up.  seems fun!

3: Rick

Permalink  •  June 10, 2017, 03:31:49 PM
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 03:31:49 PM »

4: Malik

[7:40:34 PM] soaprman: um.... like *flicks hair for a minute straight* i wasnt like... talkin to u

stake mistakes (dan deacon reference)
  • stake mistakes (dan deacon reference)
Permalink  •  June 11, 2017, 02:57:17 AM
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 02:57:17 AM »

4: Malik
5: Vivian
Permalink  •  June 11, 2017, 07:23:29 PM
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 07:23:29 PM »

I'm on the fence about this... not sure I'm really in a Mario mood just yet. I might sign up in a week or so though, who knows.

As for streaming the levels when they're done, that's something I'll almost certainly be up for when the time comes. :jarsnake:
Permalink  •  June 11, 2017, 10:09:10 PM
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 10:09:10 PM »

Since you're on the fence, Soap, I'll leave an end-castle spot that is optional for you.

Super POS World 2
-Super POS World 2 will be structured similar to Super Mario Land 2. There are four main zones with three levels each: Earth Zone (Gamma), Air Zone (Malik), Water Zone (Vivian), and Fire Zone (Rick). These are linked by a nonlinear world map (I'll build that), and can be completed in any order.
-Completing all four main zones will unlock the Castle Zone (Soap), where the end boss resides.
-Additionally, each of the four main zones will have a secret exit hidden in one of its levels. This will unlock a level in the Special Zone (Mia).

Earth Zone (Gamma)
-Enemies: Rippers, Zoomers, Swoopers, Mega Moles
-Power-up: Fire Flower
-Mainly caves. Make a level where the ceiling or walls try to crush the player.

Air Zone (Malik)
-Enemies: Winged Goombas & Koopas, Lakitus, Hoopster
-Power-up: Super Leaf
-Lots of clouds and vines. Include a "long vertical climb" level.

Water Zone (Vivian)
-Enemies: Bloopers, Cheep Cheeps, Spark, sorry there aren't that many water-themed enemies
-Power-up: Ice Flower
-Levels don't have to be completely underwater. One level should have water that rises and lowers.

Fire Zone (Rick)
-Enemies: Podoboos, Blargg, Bob-ombs
-Power-up: Hammer Suit
-Fire bars are a little weird to set up, but I'll show you later. Lots of lava. Have a section with a long Skull Raft ride!

Castle Zone (Soap, maybe)
-Enemies: The dang Bowser
-Power-up: Poison Mushroom
-This could be one big castle level, or maybe split into two levels as a sort of extra checkpoint. Up to you!

Special Zone (Mia)
-???

Ok, that's all for the assignments! If you have any questions about this, or aren't sure how to implement something in your level, feel free to ask me.
For a deadline, I think July 9 (four weeks from today) should be ok. Your levels are not required to be super long or complex!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 10:14:53 PM by Mia Kris »
Permalink  •  July 22, 2017, 10:58:48 PM
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2017, 10:58:48 PM »

It's still processing but here is the youtube upload of the stream for anyone who missed it:

Click to load

Pages: [1]