POSFriends
make me some furnitures http://thedailypos.org/friends/index.php?topic=1360.new#new

we're drawing pokemon again, maybe
Register |
  (Advanced search)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic: M.U.S.C.L.E. Mario User Submitted Creative Levels Enterprise  (Read 39311 times)
Permalink  •  August 31, 2015, 08:21:49 PM
M.U.S.C.L.E. Mario User Submitted Creative Levels Enterprise
« on: August 31, 2015, 08:21:49 PM »

:mario:I wanna hear all your ideas for Mario Maker levels, post your drawings, themes, whatever! I want it all :mario:
Permalink  •  August 31, 2015, 08:33:02 PM
Re: M.U.S.C.L.E. Mario User Submitted Creative Levels Enterprise
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 08:33:02 PM »

I had a dumb idea for a level called "Feed Homer" where I make a giant Homer Simpson facing upward with his mouth open and you climb donut blocks above his head and they fall into his mouth. I might time travel to make this level ASAP when the game comes out.

Other than that I haven't thought about it too much. I'm just gonna get the game day 1 and go wild!
Permalink  •  September 01, 2015, 04:24:47 PM
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 04:24:47 PM »

I have very little idea how the game will work, but I think it would be neat to build a Zelda style dungeon using mario maker.

Will you be able to force the camera to move forward at a set rate in user created levels? This would factor into some of my ideas.

Octane > Dominus
Permalink  •  September 01, 2015, 08:50:09 PM
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 08:50:09 PM »

I don't know if you can really do anything that ambitious, but someone did make a Metroid-like level where you explore and find powerups to open new areas.

Click to load

It doesn't work terribly well because of the time limit and the lack of checkpoints, but it's a good show of the kind of things that can be done.

As for moving camera, yeah, you can choose one of three different speeds for auto-scrolling.
押忍!
  • 押忍!
  • Precursor
Permalink  •  September 02, 2015, 05:36:18 AM
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 05:36:18 AM »

I have this idea for a level that's visually a giant brain and there's four paths and at the end of each is a Spider Mastermind and you need to defeat all four to be able to reach/hit the final boss thing and there'll be monster spawner point things in a way that I don't actually know if it's possible to do.

Wait no that was an idea I had for a Doom level. In Mario Maker I'll make some stupid reference levels probably, and I might be into making some short puzzle-style levels, DK94 style.

Now that I know I'm getting money sooner than I thought I would I'mma preorder this when I have said money. Then I'll just hope I have time to actually build levels. Even if I'm not the hugest Mario fan, some of the cool things you can do with this and an easy to use editor makes it extremely my jam.

I need to remember to get a screen protector for my Wii U controller since this'll be the game where I actually start using that touchpad singificantly much.

Quote from: SABERinBLUE
I'm straight, and I don't like insinuations that I'm not straight. It's easy to say "not that there's anything wrong with that", but for me, I'm straight, so there is something wrong with me being gay, that being that I'm not gay. I'm proud of being straight and the idea of being gay goes against my biological wiring.
Scrow Funk
  • wheres the beef
Permalink  •  September 02, 2015, 07:38:29 AM
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 07:38:29 AM »

I just want to make normal-ass Mario levels where Mario jumps on things and collects coins and just generally has a good time

Permalink  •  September 02, 2015, 07:06:42 PM
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 07:06:42 PM »

I just want to make normal-ass Mario levels where Mario jumps on things and collects coins and just generally has a good time

This'll probably end up being most of my levels too. I kind of want to make a bunch of easy-going, honest Mario levels. Nothing really intense.

Not that I don't plan on making plenty of stupid shit as well!
Permalink  •  September 03, 2015, 07:39:47 PM
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 07:39:47 PM »

Any particular types of levels you're not looking forward to?

I know I'm already sick of levels you traverse entirely with walljumps just from seeing a few videos of them.
Permalink  •  September 04, 2015, 03:39:52 PM
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 03:39:52 PM »

Related to my previous post: Can you make the camera move backwards, up, and down? If its only to the right, I will be disappointed.

Octane > Dominus
Permalink  •  September 04, 2015, 07:04:00 PM
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2015, 07:04:00 PM »

I'm pretty sure you can only move it to the right. The start point and end point are locked to the left and right sides of the map, respectively. Though you can use a subworld to make a level that mostly goes left.

I think the maximum height of a level is two screens tall. If you want a level more vertical than that, you can kind of fake it by using doors and pipes.

Some of the limitations seem a little weird. But there's still so much you can do. And who knows, they might add stuff in an update later on.
Permalink  •  September 06, 2015, 08:11:44 AM
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2015, 08:11:44 AM »

How about a level that's almost completely dolphins and cloud platforms? You can't get any "flying" Marios like the cape or tanook. Make blocks only contain non-flying items. It would definitely need a section where you use flying koopas as platforms. Maybe have a secret point kind of like in Donkey Kong levels where you drop off the bottom of the screen and there's a pipe that takes you through a nifty shortcut and maybe gives you a flying upgrade.

EDIT: sorry if my terminology is weird, I'm sure there are official terms I'm not using.

Speaking of DK, perhaps you can recreate one of the DKC1 platform-on-a-track levels (from the Factory world) using Mario equivalents.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 02:27:41 PM by staringvacantly »

Octane > Dominus
Permalink  •  September 07, 2015, 12:52:17 PM
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2015, 12:52:17 PM »

The cape and tanooki are both in the game, actually, for the SMW and SMB3 styles, respectively.

Here's an image of the objects that are in the game:

There are variants and combinations, too. For your flying koopas, you can take a koopa, shake it to make it red, then stick wings on it and it'll fly up and down in place.

Also, feather in SMW is tanooki in SMB3, copter shroom in NSMB, and amiibo shroom in SMB. Yoshi in SMW and NSMB is Kuribo's Shoe in SMB and SMB3.
Permalink  •  September 08, 2015, 02:25:48 PM
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2015, 02:25:48 PM »

The cape and tanooki are both in the game, actually, for the SMW and SMB3 styles, respectively.

I meant that you don't put them in the level so the player can't "cheat" the level and just fly over the obstacles like I have been known to do in certain 70's themed SMW levels

Octane > Dominus
Permalink  •  September 08, 2015, 04:55:06 PM
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2015, 04:55:06 PM »

Yeah, it's kind of outrageous how much you could skip over using the cape in SMW. I probably won't use the flight powerups much at all in the levels I make.
Permalink  •  September 11, 2015, 12:48:29 AM
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2015, 12:48:29 AM »

i maded a course

Quote from: Lolicon Jon
i got anime of all tastes and sizes
come down to jon's anime emporium where we can satisfy your anime needs
1000 episode shounens, WE GOT IT
men(or little boys) kissing and loving each other, WE GOT IT
Nosebleeds from seeing the tiniest bit of skin of a woman, WE GOT IT
so come on down to jon's anime emporium down on the highway
like right on the highway