POSFriends
make me some furnitures http://thedailypos.org/friends/index.php?topic=1360.new#new

we're drawing pokemon again, maybe
Register |
  (Advanced search)
Pages: [1]
Topic: what have you been into lately  (Read 2186 times)
stake mistakes (dan deacon reference)
  • stake mistakes (dan deacon reference)
Permalink  •  October 28, 2012, 04:07:34 PM
what have you been into lately
« on: October 28, 2012, 04:07:34 PM »

honestly tell into this thread what youve been doing with your time, dont sugar coat it, it could be cool to know for your friends :spot: :spot:
Permalink  •  October 28, 2012, 04:08:23 PM
Re: what have you been into lately
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 04:08:23 PM »

lately ive been tryna move out of my apartment. i broke up with my girlfrienbd. im a graduate assistant now up at the school so im doing a lot of schoolwork. and doing homestuck fan things. :cranky:
Permalink  •  October 28, 2012, 04:15:50 PM
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 04:15:50 PM »

Freuqnetly Asked Questions:

Q: are you sad about the breakup?
A: no it was for the best, it was great while it lasted but neither of us were happy and we had no future together.

Q: what was your relationship like?
A: it was extremely intimate and affectionate. we were really friendly with each other and we hardly ever fought. but i found out that there were limits to my diplomatic tack, and when things blew up it was pretty frustrating and nasty even though it never lasted for long.

Q: how are you enjoying school?
A: i love it. it is a really fantastic opportunity. it is disappointing to see what a weak field of study political science is, and how many of its practitioners misunderstand its ultimate meaning, but i enjoy the unique research and learning opportunities i get and i like most of my colleagues and professors.

Q: where are you moving?
A: into a cool house by myself!! no more pets to take care of!!(i had to take care of five cats after moving in with my ex. five!! yikes!!) and even before that i had been having to take care of 2 of my parents cats. they are both passed away now, but they were very old. this place is closer to campus, a better fit for single living, cheaper, and just really nice inside.

Q: what sort of homestuck fan things do you do?
A: mostly just writing stuff and cosplay. i have met some pretty cool people through the hs community, but i dont get to talk to them any more often than i do my other friends, since school is a friend that monopolizes all of my time.

Q: what about your other personal stuff?
A: well if you want to know about that youre gonna have to ask!! :)
Permalink  •  October 28, 2012, 07:10:57 PM
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 07:10:57 PM »

fuk cats.... bunch a lame ass harball fuckers!!! :owned:

Glad to hear you're enjoying college. How far in are you? Far enough in that most of the shit students have been weeded out? I didn't really start enjoying college until about halfway in when all the dead weight had dropped and the only people in the classes were people who wanted to be there. A lot of people would start computer science (my major) thinking "oh, I like computers, I know how to use Facebook" or "I wanna make video games aw yeah next haloman right here guys" and then drop within the first semester or two because they didn't know that behind the friendly faces of their favorite programs and games lie nothing but cold, hard logic.

I tell people who don't know much about it that computer science is basically "problem solving: the major".

Alright, time to talk about me. :dk:

Things are going pretty well for me these days. Not the best on the entire planet but pretty well.

Work's keeping me really busy but I can't say that it isn't a lot of fun. I've been getting bigger and more challenging tasks lately... it's really satisfying and basically everything I wanted in a post-college career. I have some great coworkers too who I sometimes hang out with outside of work.  :thumbsup:

Out of work, life's pretty alright. I still attend FNM regularly, though I miss weeks sometimes due to having something I really want to do or just being tired that night. Still cool stuff though and it's nice when some of us can set up stuff on the weekends.

Most of the games I play these days aren't anything new or exciting... mostly been going back and checking out stuff I missed (like recently the Professor Layton series). Playing some Pokémon White 2 lately... it's, well, as good as the games have always been. I play a good bit of osu!, too... it helps that I've got some people in the community there I pal around with. Our weekly Mario Kart nights are good fun.

Trying to get back on an exercise routine now that it's getting cooler outside. Probably gonna start walking in the mornings before showering and going to work.

Considering I didn't really have much of a "college experience", these past few years since graduating have probably been the best of my life. I'd say the hardest thing at this point is just meeting people and maintaining friendships. It's not nearly so easy without school/college to do most of the work for you.

I'll probably buy a house within the next few years. This apartment is great, though, and I don't need more space than I have, so I'll stick here a while longer. I like the degree of stability that comes from not moving a bunch like in my high school/college years. Living so close to work is great too... less commute means more time for activities... a few hours per week's worth. And I don't even have to budget for gas. :jawsome:

Permalink  •  October 28, 2012, 11:02:53 PM
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 11:02:53 PM »

you old fogeys with college and work...  I'm still trudging along through high school

Hey soap computer science is something I've been thinking about.  I don't know if you know enough about me to know if it would be a good path for me, but what are your thoughts?  I might fall slightly under the "wow video games are fun and making them looks fun too" category, but I do have some experience with programming.  I took a C++ class last year and had tons of fun with it, making a text adventure game in my spare time because we didn't learn how to do anything besides console programs. :toot: One of my outernet ("IRL") friends is also a computer science major, and he seems to like it as well.  I was planning on taking the Game Design I and II classes that my school offers, but they didn't fit in my schedule, so hopefully I can get them in next year!

Lately I've been having trouble deciding what I can do for fun this year.  Last year I did winter color guard, which takes up a ton of time, especially weekends, for five months.  I thought over the summer that while it was a wicked fun and valuable activity, I could either do that or lots of other things that don't take up that much time.  So I decided I'd do the many smaller things instead of the one big thing.  But as it's gotten closer to guard season, I've missed it more and more, and it seems like there is a much higher inexperienced to experienced people ratio this year.  I guess I'm considered experienced even though I only did it for one year because I knew what I was doing even if I wasn't very good at it, but w/e.  I really want to do it, but at the same time I also want to do these other things that will conflict with the schedule.  So I guess it will end up being "which one do I want more." :/

hey left 4 dead 2 is having a free weekend on steam which I think means it will still be there tomorrow?  so if any of yall are interested hmu in #melee.  I should be free most of tomorrow due to hurricane sandy scaring the school board.  party hard :thumbsup:
Scrow Funk
  • wheres the beef
Permalink  •  October 28, 2012, 11:03:13 PM
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 11:03:13 PM »

being depressed, op

i don't care
Draino
  • i don't care
Permalink  •  October 29, 2012, 01:06:29 AM
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 01:06:29 AM »

dropped out of college because I couldn't do it (untreated add/depression x2 combo). now I live with my parents, am geographically isolated from everyone else I know, and can't move back to albuquerque because nobody there will hire my ass.
 :erectiledysfunction:

been working part time in my parents' weaving shop. $10/hr is pretty good for somebody with no distinguishing skills or education.

been getting back into video games for lack of much else to do. lately I've been juggling pokeman black 2, kid icarus uprising, and  some old favorites: cave story, mother 3, and super meat boy. I've been doing pretty decently on the last one there- actually unlocked the kid and beat the light world, neither of which I'd been able to do before. also as always I have been playing league of legends regularly.

uh I've been watching the office. and rewatching tales from the crypt. and reading homestuck over and over again.

plans for the future include going to community college and getting an associates in computer networking or database administration. I'm thinking about moving out without a job and live off my savings for awhile because I'd rather be without money than without a social+sex life.
Permalink  •  November 05, 2012, 02:35:12 AM
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 02:35:12 AM »

struggling with infirmity

Pages: [1]