POSFriends
make me some furnitures http://thedailypos.org/friends/index.php?topic=1360.new#new

we're drawing pokemon again, maybe
Register |
  (Advanced search)
Pages: [1] 2
Topic: [Imagefest] Kenny's box canyon II: The return of the revenge  (Read 4340 times)
押忍!
  • 押忍!
  • Precursor
Permalink  •  November 16, 2012, 08:25:04 AM
[Imagefest] Kenny's box canyon II: The return of the revenge
« on: November 16, 2012, 08:25:04 AM »

I'm getting packages again! Got two today, so I figured it was time to get some new box canyon picture all up in this.

(old one if you want to read in order.)

Two! The one from FedEx was actually delivered to my door. That's the first time I've had that happen. And didn't have to pay customs.

Getting the FedEx wrapping off of it was more trouble than it should have. Also: You are now aware of the FedEx arrow.

Looks like some nice stuff!

So, first of all: A new DualShock2, because both of my old ones have been a bit wonky lately. Was actually bought because of what I bought below, as the page for that on Play-Asia also pointed me to the page for the DualShock2 which was on sale.

Here's what I really went on P-A to buy last weekend. A new USB->PS2 converter, because my old SmartJoy Plus has finally ceased functioning after like 8 years of duty.

And as always when I buy shit from P-A, I look around for cheap figurines and stuff. Found this for about five bux. One of five possible! Which one could it be?

Actually not for me. Bought for my friend, but I think I'll give it to him as a Christmas present rather than have him pay back the five dollars it costed. Take note of this, it will be funny later.

All my stuff from P-A. Usopp, it was. And the stickers and coupon and stuff you always get when you buy stuff from P-A.

And as for the other, bigger box...

Yes. A device that I can record newer consoles with. I am a weak man, I bought it because the price was right. Still probably more than I should have spent... dipped into my AGDQ budget a tad.

A box, and cables, and stuff! A component cable that goes to X360... and PS2/3... and Wii. I could just have used this for my Wii, and given my friend my cable... but it might be a good idea to keep it anyway. And otherwise I have an idea for who I can sell mine to. The cable meant to go from the Hauppauge to the TV is kind of freakishly long, but the USB cable is... short. So the good news is that I now have the technology to record and stream HD consoles, the bad news is that making the USB cable reach the computer from the Hauppauge is going to require some sketchy positioning of stuff.

But still

Fuck yeah.

Let's see, we don't have that emoticon I always used before, so...

Uh...

:toot:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 05:56:13 PM by KennyMan666 »

Quote from: SABERinBLUE
I'm straight, and I don't like insinuations that I'm not straight. It's easy to say "not that there's anything wrong with that", but for me, I'm straight, so there is something wrong with me being gay, that being that I'm not gay. I'm proud of being straight and the idea of being gay goes against my biological wiring.
I work with lasers but can't figure out my oven.
Jack
  • I work with lasers but can't figure out my oven.
Permalink  •  November 16, 2012, 05:50:04 PM
Re: [Imagefest] Kenny's box canyon II: The return of the revenge
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 05:50:04 PM »

Hey, you know the way it's my birthday tomorrow?  :cranky:

"Always remember, stay flappy" -Soaprman 2014
Permalink  •  November 18, 2012, 11:24:21 AM
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 11:24:21 AM »

now you can speedrun CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 2..................... :knuckles:
押忍!
  • 押忍!
  • Precursor
Permalink  •  November 18, 2012, 04:42:35 PM
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 04:42:35 PM »

Well, primarily it's of course Scott Pilgrim I want to be able to record, but I've been throwing around the idea of running Bionic Commando too (the X360/PS3 one, not Rearmed). And I can probably figure out more fun things to stream. Or videofest!

I'm straight, and I don't like insinuations that I'm not straight. It's easy to say "not that there's anything wrong with that", but for me, I'm straight, so there is something wrong with me being gay, that being that I'm not gay. I'm proud of being straight and the idea of being gay goes against my biological wiring.
Smokin' Jesus titty cinnamon! That is a monster!
  • Smokin' Jesus titty cinnamon! That is a monster!
Permalink  •  November 18, 2012, 04:53:44 PM
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 04:53:44 PM »

How much did it run you? I was thinking of getting one to record some playthroughs of games for game reviews I do on other forums etc.

押忍!
  • 押忍!
  • Precursor
Permalink  •  November 18, 2012, 05:04:17 PM
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 05:04:17 PM »

In the end, about $120 including shipping. I don't know what they cost new. A good DVD recorder with hard drive would probably land on at least $200 for just the device if buying online (and would definitely be expensiver if bought in a store here in Sweden because lol sales tax), and shipping for one of those would probably not be cheap either. Probably better quality video and stuff, but I hear there's things you have to watch out for there too...

I found today that there was supposed to have been included an installation disc with drivers and a program to be used to actually record the video. This disc was not included. I've sent an e-mail to the guy I bought from to figure out what happened to it. The drivers I could of course easily download from Hauppauge's website, but the program is not a free program.

I did download a torrent with a program I should be able to use with it, but the installer was in a weird language and didn't work, so... more experimenting another day.

Going to go down to the city after school tomorrow to see if I can pick up a longer USB cable so I can actually have the thing connected all the time, and not standing on the floor. Which would be an improvement, so the only cable switching involved would be on the TV and consoles. But definitely only going to run the video through it when I'm actually going to record or stream since the picture quality naturally got a little worse. With the NES I didn't mind, so I have the signal split into the Dazzle all the time there, but it was a lot more noticeable on a HD console...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 05:07:18 PM by KennyMan666 »

Permalink  •  November 21, 2012, 09:33:33 PM
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 09:33:33 PM »

Curious, why'd you go with Dualshock 2 and adapter? Dualshock 3 can be used with bluetooth/USB cable, and wired 360 work also.
Smokin' Jesus titty cinnamon! That is a monster!
  • Smokin' Jesus titty cinnamon! That is a monster!
Permalink  •  November 21, 2012, 09:40:46 PM
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 09:40:46 PM »

The Blutooth/USB with DS3 controllers is somewhat unstable. Some computers see it fine, some don't. It's gotten way better than when I first got my PS3 though. Wired Xbox360 controller is the best PC controller to use IMO.

押忍!
  • 押忍!
  • Precursor
Permalink  •  November 22, 2012, 04:09:24 AM
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 04:09:24 AM »

Curious, why'd you go with Dualshock 2 and adapter? Dualshock 3 can be used with bluetooth/USB cable, and wired 360 work also.
Several reasons. Primarily, I don't have a PS3, and I wouldn't have been able to use a Sixaxis with my PS2. Additionally, I prefer the DualShock2 to the Sixaxis on account of how L2 and R2 are buttons and not triggers. I do have an Xbox 360 and a wired controller for it which I indeed use for the PC too, but while that X360 pad works well for anything using the left stick as the primary method of movement, the positioning of the left stick and d-pad makes the DualShock2 vastly superior for anything where you rather want to use the d-pad (see: was playing RosenkreuzStilette Freudenstachel with the X360 pad since it was when I found out my old converter was dead, the d-pad was as awkward to use as always, tried using the stick for movement, approached a pit, was holding right, jumped, but apparently I was holding ever so slightly down-right and so I slid into the pit rather than jump over it, so fuck that noise. It was actually immediately after that happened I hit up P-A to order a new converter.), and still works well if you're using the stick. I still hold the DualShock2 to be the best all-round controller of all time.

Also the JoyBox turned out to be fucking amazing, I can remap all buttons freely, set autofire on anything I want, and some other stuffs.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 07:53:17 AM by KennyMan666 »

Permalink  •  November 22, 2012, 05:25:07 PM
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 05:25:07 PM »

I prefer the DS3 personally, but the "using on PS2" is reason enough.
押忍!
  • 押忍!
  • Precursor
Permalink  •  November 22, 2012, 06:07:01 PM
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 06:07:01 PM »

I guess it's a matter of what you play and how you actually hold the controller. When I hold a PlayStation controller, my index fingers rest naturally on L2 and R2. With essentially every game I play on the PC where I want to use shoulder buttons (see: every SNES emulated game, Mega Man clones that have quick weapon switching, games where there's a run button to map to a shoulder, indie games with stuff, etc etc etc), buttons are so, so much more comfortable to use than triggers.

Permalink  •  November 23, 2012, 04:45:14 PM
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2012, 04:45:14 PM »

That makes sense. My indexes rest on the R1 and L1, so it's really not a problem, and then the R2 and L2 triggers are actually kind of nice.
押忍!
  • 押忍!
  • Precursor
Permalink  •  May 18, 2013, 06:53:44 AM
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2013, 06:53:44 AM »

I got two packages today so here's a small update.

One from Sweden! One from the UK!

From Sweden, just a book. A book I'm supposed to write a review of before Tuesday (probably not gonna be a problem - the review has a limit of 300 words).

From the UK, my birthday present to myself - a mixer table!

A small mixer table! Which I can't use at the moment because that's a UK power plug which I should have seen coming. I'm also waiting for another batch of cables before I can make any real use of it anyway.

Fits nicely on my desk. It's supposed to be the beginning of a small sound system that's hopefully going to give me a little better sound than the two computer speakers I've been using since my subwoofer, housing the amp for my entire good speaker system, crapped itself. We'll see how it goes when I get the bundle of cables.

押忍!
  • 押忍!
  • Precursor
Permalink  •  July 10, 2014, 02:05:24 PM
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2014, 02:05:24 PM »

I got a mystery package today?

Okay so the mystery was mostly that I didn't think the thing I was waiting for would arrive so swiftly and also didn't think it'd arrive in a Magic box!

Ten minutes of peeling off tape later I got to open it!

Oh man those are some of my favourite Magic cards!!!!

Okay so what this was actually about was dude on Swedish forum who had some X360 peripherals he just wanted to get rid of since he had sold his X360 long ago. Still waiting to hear back from him if he wants me to pay for the shipping.

Chatpad that you snap onto the bottom of the controller, making it easier to call people fags!

Wifi adaptor, got no real use for it at home but it's going to be put to some good use during ESA so I won't have to do the ghetto thing to give my X360 internets there.

Microsoft Live Vision Camera, which I never planned on using for the X360 at all. It works natively with Windows and is much better than my old shitty webcam so now my stream will feature a better view of me. I'm not sure that's a good thing!

Remote controller which was mostly lol why not, I do watch a lot of movies through the X360 but never really minded using the controller to, uh, control it. Still, this one works really well! It even had batteries included! Empty batteries but it's the thought that counts I guess.

Also I'm probably going to use the Magic box for some Magic things so that works out too

:thumbsup:

押忍!
  • 押忍!
  • Precursor
Permalink  •  January 05, 2015, 12:54:56 PM
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2015, 12:54:56 PM »

OH HEY IT'S BACK

IT'S A BOX

I recognize some of those colours!

Oh man I wonder what's in that big thing on the left

*a shitton of bubblewrap and brown tape later*

Is just what I wanted for Christmas!

So yeah I am a Wii U-haver now.

Also the games that aren't Mario Kart 8 are Wind Waker HD, Zombi U and Nintendoland, but I don't care about any of those games! Got Bayonetta 2 and Smash already so I'm all set, gonna be getting Hyrule Warriors next month I guess

:playitloud:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 12:58:02 PM by KennyMan666 »

Pages: [1] 2