POSFriends
make me some furnitures http://thedailypos.org/friends/index.php?topic=1360.new#new

we're drawing pokemon again, maybe
Register |
  (Advanced search)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Topic: Mafia Game Over Mafia Wins  (Read 29944 times)
Permalink  •  December 02, 2012, 07:53:16 PM
Re: Mafia Day 2
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2012, 07:53:16 PM »

Kej: by "didn't use it" do you mean you picked Gamma at random anyway despite your night 0 detect or do you mean that you submitted no action night 0?

Jack: don't post in the gameplay threads to games you aren't playing, please. (Not sure if you knew that, but now you do)
i don't care
Draino
  • i don't care
Permalink  •  December 02, 2012, 08:43:37 PM
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2012, 08:43:37 PM »

I am the real detective and  :urmrgay:

It's a nice lie you got there- you're even claiming one-shot, to make it seem plausible. Unfortunately that detail is not plausible at all. What kind of mafia game would have a detective who could only detect once in the entire game (which is what he is saying, Soap)? That would be a huge design imbalance- it would give the townies way too little information and would make the mafia insanely powerful. There is no way that would happen.

Here's what really happened: I can detect once per night (as usual). Night 0 I detected Soap, who is a townie. Night 1 I was curious about you, Kej, since you started the bandwagon on a townie yesterday. You also came up townie. Now, regular old townies don't claim detective (unless they are me that one time), so I posit that
ur
mr
godfather.

[VOTE] Kejardon
Scrow Funk
  • wheres the beef
Permalink  •  December 02, 2012, 09:03:37 PM
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2012, 09:03:37 PM »

sorry m8, i have to side with kejardon on this one

[vote] draino

Permalink  •  December 02, 2012, 09:19:51 PM
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2012, 09:19:51 PM »

I'm the townie, way to detect, Kejardon! However, I'll hold off on voting a while to get a better feel for what's happening.
Permalink  •  December 02, 2012, 09:41:50 PM
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2012, 09:41:50 PM »

One-shot detective does seem pretty weak unless there are some other power roles hanging around. I'd like to hear Kejjo's follow-up on this one.
Permalink  •  December 02, 2012, 10:00:37 PM
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2012, 10:00:37 PM »

What kind of mafia game would have a detective who could only detect once in the entire game (which is what he is saying, Soap)? That would be a huge design imbalance- it would give the townies way too little information and would make the mafia insanely powerful. There is no way that would happen.

I recall a game where there was 2.5 mafia in a 6 player game.
I'm not saying it's balanced in the slightest, I've been poking fun at my role the whole time! Either way, the complete lack of information is why I've been aggressive because, unless there is a second detective or something (I've been somewhat entertaining the idea that there were no real normal townies, just a bunch of one-shot detectives, but that's looking less likely now), I know the townies are kinda info-screwed and lynching, even randomly, is towns best bet.

Anyways, my own view, there are two options here:
Draino is being honest
- There is maybe ONE person that detects as anything other than townie, the normal mafia I assume there is but isn't listed in the roles.
- Soap, Spat, Me, and Draino are clear (unless Kenny busdrove Soap), so the normal mafia must be SCrow or SK
Draino is lieing
- Most likely motivation is mafia hoping to get 5 tonight then 4 tomorrow for a 2-mafia win
- Brings up the question of Namine info-screwing town

Soap:
I had one use, didn't want to blow it N0 with no hunches to follow, so I tried to stir stuff up D1 (I couldn't think of any reason not to) and figure out a maybe useful detect for N1.

Gonna hold off on voting for a while. Considering we have 6 people alive I half think an abstain is best on the chance we can get some more solid information.
For whatever it's worth though, if I had to pick my gut is saying lynch Draino.
i don't care
Draino
  • i don't care
Permalink  •  December 02, 2012, 10:52:40 PM
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2012, 10:52:40 PM »

The only "more solid information" that could possibly come up is who the doctor protected, and that's not going to find us a mafia member. (also it would get him killed. stay safe today, doctor!) Or if Kej is actually a regular townie trying to make the game more fun. Which I understand totally because I have done it before. Kej, if you are one then I will withdraw my vote. Better that the doc only have one detective to protect.

For what it's worth I don't think Namine would screw over the town with a gimmicky game, since this was supposed to be a straight game of mafia. I already know the detective role isn't one-shot. We may not absolutely need to lynch today but if we can get a probable godfather, then I say we should go for it.
Permalink  •  December 02, 2012, 11:01:55 PM
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2012, 11:01:55 PM »

The only "more solid information" that could possibly come up is who the doctor protected, and that's not going to find us a mafia member...
Oh.
Ok then.
[vote] Draino
Smokin' Jesus titty cinnamon! That is a monster!
  • Smokin' Jesus titty cinnamon! That is a monster!
Permalink  •  December 03, 2012, 04:22:56 AM
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2012, 04:22:56 AM »

Draino - 2

Kejardon - 1

23 Hours Remain

i don't care
Draino
  • i don't care
Permalink  •  December 03, 2012, 08:49:08 PM
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2012, 08:49:08 PM »

this is why democracy doesn't work.
Permalink  •  December 04, 2012, 02:14:32 AM
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2012, 02:14:32 AM »

The town was yelling at Kejardon. He claimed he knew Spat was just a townie, but Draino wasn't having it.

"I'm the real detective!" Draino said, "I think I have to call bullshit on this."

No one was having it, the boy's goose was cooked. The town screamed for justice. I didn't see why, no one had been killed that night. However the town had spoken. As I was about to take him in for questioning the pulled a gun out.

"You won't take me alive copper!" Then blam. He shot himself in the head. His brains were plastered everywhere on Spat's house of Sports baseball card shop. A little card came out. He was one of them. Satisfied I watched as the police cleaned up the chunks of Draino from the street. Night was coming, the godfather was going to strike back with all his fury. I just knew it.

=======================================

Draino was Mafia and you killed him.

:spot:

Night 2 has begun. You have 73 hours. December 7: 3AM EST.

Permalink  •  December 04, 2012, 04:10:39 AM
Re: Mafia Night 2
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2012, 04:10:39 AM »

I need my compensation, yo. I got BRAINS in my shit.
Permalink  •  December 07, 2012, 03:32:22 AM
Re: Mafia Night 2
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2012, 03:32:22 AM »

Gunfire woke the citizens up from their sleep last night. I knew what I'd find when I went out there, I was sure of it. Sure enough everyone was crowded around another pool of blood. It seems this time it was my partner, the undercover Detective Kejardon, gunned down while holding a copy of Super Metroid. Damn it I always told him he should be more careful.

"Well shit," SK said as he shot me down, "That sure was easy."

Crawling for my life I looked as Soaprman revealed himself.

"Ha ha ha you lose. Now I shall spread goatse allover this town."

The end
==========================

The game's over since here's what would wind up happening

SK
Soap
Spat
Scrow are left

The Thief could block the actions of someone once during the game. Now it has a little kick where while initially it's a mafia aligned role, but if he blocked a mafia action he'd be aligned to town. I added that to kind of try and balance the game a bit, I don't know how well it worked because Scrow never used his power.

So in essence there's SK, Soap, Scrow as mafia. Spat as town.

Now there was a possibility that scrow could've voted with spat to tie the vote, but then that'd only still ensure a win for Soap. He'd get blocked, another tie would happen then eventually soap would kill either Spat or Scrow and win the game.

I think ending it now is a good idea. Mafia wins!

Permalink  •  December 07, 2012, 03:44:52 AM
Re: Mafia Game Over Mafia Wins
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2012, 03:44:52 AM »

3.5 in 8? That is the definition of overpowered...
SK
Permalink  •  December 07, 2012, 07:05:44 AM
Re: Mafia Game Over Mafia Wins
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2012, 07:05:44 AM »

holy shit half of the players in the game were mafia

whaddafuck
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4