POSFriends
make me some furnitures http://thedailypos.org/friends/index.php?topic=1360.new#new

we're drawing pokemon again, maybe
Register |
  (Advanced search)
Pages: [1]
Topic: TDPOS Knee Deep In Doom Revival Thread  (Read 2325 times)
In west Goomba Village born and raised
Rick
  • In west Goomba Village born and raised
Permalink  •  June 05, 2017, 08:05:57 PM
TDPOS Knee Deep In Doom Revival Thread
« on: June 05, 2017, 08:05:57 PM »

Hey fellas!  Gonna do some multiplayer dooming this weekend! This is just a topic to keep some map links and such. Please dont downvote me  :angelica:
Permalink  •  June 05, 2017, 08:13:03 PM
Re: TDPOS Knee Deep In Doom Revival Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 08:13:03 PM »

i upvote this thead :yeah!: :yeah!: :yeah!:

let's magical rip and tearing !
SK
Permalink  •  June 06, 2017, 12:04:10 AM
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 12:04:10 AM »

but are we talkin about co-op, invasion or dm, cuz this is important
In west Goomba Village born and raised
Rick
  • In west Goomba Village born and raised
Permalink  •  June 06, 2017, 10:05:29 PM
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 10:05:29 PM »

Invasion primarily but if you want to do something else Im always down for ideas.  I just miss Invasion funtimes with the pals
Permalink  •  June 06, 2017, 10:53:26 PM
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 10:53:26 PM »

The thing about that is that Invasion is pretty dead; I don't think there's anything for it other than the old delta invasion stuff that's any good. I mean that's probably something to fire up but we're probably going to at least need some good co-op stuff thrown in there too.

I'll do my big idea vomit post later.

Quote from: Lolicon Jon
i got anime of all tastes and sizes
come down to jon's anime emporium where we can satisfy your anime needs
1000 episode shounens, WE GOT IT
men(or little boys) kissing and loving each other, WE GOT IT
Nosebleeds from seeing the tiniest bit of skin of a woman, WE GOT IT
so come on down to jon's anime emporium down on the highway
like right on the highway
Permalink  •  June 07, 2017, 10:31:19 PM
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 10:31:19 PM »

Alright first of all, since Zandronum has become one of those open source projects, you're going to want to have the latest beta/alpha/whatever instead of the latest stable which is woefully out of date. Should be easy to find on the Zandronum page download page. https://zandronum.com/download

I don't even remember where Delta Invasion is anymore, nor where the skulltag.pk3 compatability thing is for actually running it. I hope SK (or even Soap?!?!) remembers more than I do on that front.

Co-op is pretty radcore though and there's always great stuff because you just put in a regular ass doom WAD and out pops fun! Some of my picks (I'm going for more rather than less here):

Ancient Aliens is the latest magnum opus of the Doom world, and it's fucking amazing. It's fucking pretty too.

Plutonia The IWAD: Still good after 20 years

Community Chest 2, 3, and FOUUUUUUUUUUUUUR: Just a good selection of maps by people trying to make their big splash with their potential only shot at mapping. I forget which one had Soap's maps (probably 2) and which one had Literately The Entirety Of Death Mountain From LTTP The Map (probably 3). Two might be rougher than the others in varying quality land. The original CChest is quite a bit more hit or miss.

Memento Mori: There's a lot of old classic we could talk about here but MM, though it's one of the oldest, does stand out in that it was actually built primarily for co-op play, so you know. Pretty good, with only a small amount of "for its time" rider.

Scythe: Another old classic that I point out mainly because it's filled with shorter, smaller maps on purpose, so if you want that kind of pace, there you go. Scythe 2 doesn't fill the same niche but I should point out that it's damn good too.

I'm not sure many of you are interested in DM but I'd be down and this seems like the mapset of choice for now.

ALSO SOME MODS IN CASE

SPACE HUNTER: It's an NES Metroid weapons mod for Doom! May not sound exciting, huh? Well it's pretty great; I'll convince you by mentioning that the ice beam causes enemies to explode into ice shrapnel, which can kill other enemies that also explode into ice shrapnel, which can... you get the idea. There's some dumb shit in here.

Samsara: So I have no idea where skmega is, whether it still works, and whether SK can bear looking at the vault of time capsule meme horrors within his soul, but apparently he wasn't the only one with that basic idea. The selection of heroes is quite a bit different from SKMega too, with only a bit of overlap.
Samsara

Quote from: Lolicon Jon
i got anime of all tastes and sizes
come down to jon's anime emporium where we can satisfy your anime needs
1000 episode shounens, WE GOT IT
men(or little boys) kissing and loving each other, WE GOT IT
Nosebleeds from seeing the tiniest bit of skin of a woman, WE GOT IT
so come on down to jon's anime emporium down on the highway
like right on the highway
SK
Permalink  •  June 07, 2017, 11:15:22 PM
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 11:15:22 PM »

im honestly still pretty happy with skmega even if certain things (cwc) didnt age well, but for the monsters i think it still requires having ALL of the skins we made which is a hassle to set up. for the weapons/classes, i think theres a version of it that still works (in fact i think i revisited it recently)

that being said, a wad that handles the idea much better should be fun to try out!
stake mistakes (dan deacon reference)
  • stake mistakes (dan deacon reference)
Permalink  •  June 11, 2017, 02:58:30 AM
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 02:58:30 AM »

Oh hey... This seems fun... I'll keep an eye out for when it happens again.
Pages: [1]