POSFriends
make me some furnitures http://thedailypos.org/friends/index.php?topic=1360.new#new

we're drawing pokemon again, maybe
Register |
  (Advanced search)
Pages: [1]
Topic: Mafia Mk. II Discussion  (Read 7273 times)
Permalink  •  December 10, 2012, 03:06:57 PM
Mafia Mk. II Discussion
« on: December 10, 2012, 03:06:57 PM »

Not much here yet! Roles are being sent out now, I'll edit this post when they're all sent.

Roles are out now! Bolded names are confirmed. You can post here, PM me, or message me on IRC... any way to get my attention and say you're good to go.

1. Gamma_Metroid
2. Spat
3. Namine
4. KennyMan666
5. SK
6. Soaprman
7. Draino
8. Yoshi348
9. Scrow Funk
10. Tenda

Night 0 has unofficially started, so feel free to send in actions with your confirmation, and confirm even if you don't have any actions. Day 1 will start in 48 hours unless there are any delays preventing that or something. After Day 1 I'm gonna skip inactive people that don't send an action in within 48 hours.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 01:22:28 PM by Kejardon »
Smokin' Jesus titty cinnamon! That is a monster!
  • Smokin' Jesus titty cinnamon! That is a monster!
Permalink  •  December 10, 2012, 03:11:26 PM
Re: Mafia Mk. II Discussion
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 03:11:26 PM »

:yoshiismafia:

Permalink  •  December 10, 2012, 10:06:15 PM
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 10:06:15 PM »

:layton:

Quote from: Lolicon Jon
i got anime of all tastes and sizes
come down to jon's anime emporium where we can satisfy your anime needs
1000 episode shounens, WE GOT IT
men(or little boys) kissing and loving each other, WE GOT IT
Nosebleeds from seeing the tiniest bit of skin of a woman, WE GOT IT
so come on down to jon's anime emporium down on the highway
like right on the highway
Permalink  •  December 11, 2012, 01:25:45 PM
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 01:25:45 PM »

Woo, everyone confirmed within 24 hours.
Day 1 will begin in 24 or 48 hours from now. Probably 24. After that it'll be a consistant 48 hours per period.
Permalink  •  December 12, 2012, 03:17:35 PM
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 03:17:35 PM »

Apparently it's going to be 48 hours!
Day 1 will begin Thursday at noon (24 hours from now). Any people not sending actions will be skipped.
Permalink  •  December 14, 2012, 03:37:00 PM
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 03:37:00 PM »

[11:56] <GammaMetroid> mafia gameplay thread is locked because...??
[11:57] <FlexCapacitor> Because we hate oyu
[11:58] <FlexCapacitor> Kejardon forgot to unlock it when the day started.
[11:58] <FlexCapacitor> You can post now
[12:13] <Kejardon> wait what
[12:13] <Kejardon> Nobody ever told me I had lock/unlocking powers
[12:22] <@KennyMan666> Kejardon does not know his own powers

Despite this, people somehow posted before Gamma mentioned the topic being locked, so I am all of the confused. Do we need an extension on this day? Was the topic locked for (most of?) the first 24 hours and I was never told?
Scrow Funk
  • wheres the beef
Permalink  •  December 23, 2012, 05:14:19 PM
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 05:14:19 PM »

Permalink  •  December 26, 2012, 11:07:35 PM
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 11:07:35 PM »

Fun fact: During paradox mafia I totally planned out a logical and consistent way to handle pretty much any bus driver shenanigans. None of them happened during paradox mafia. :(9):

I'm gonna go ahead and post all that planning out here because I like game mechanics to be relatively transparent. Note that while the mechanics are the same, none of the roles are guaranteed to be present here.

The target is the person I am told a person is affecting. This never changes (but it can be stopped/removed, like by a thief). The person that is actually affected may not necessarily be the target.

Bus Driver(s) go first. The bus drivers place the bus driven effect on all their targets. If there are multiple bus drivers and their paths overlap, then an order is chosen (first to send or something) for the order of bus drivings. Bus drivers are considered to target both people being driven.

Thieves go next. Thieves' actions may be swapped by the bus driver. If the thief ends up hitting the bus driver, their bus drive is removed. Thieves prevent people from doing anything at all (They no longer have a target even). Generally, a person cannot tell the difference between being thieved and their action working normally (only real exception is when a person that should never get 'no result' getting 'no result').

Other actions follow afterwards.  Bus drivings are applied in order on all actions. They do not change the target, only who they affect. This is enough to figure out Tracker/Watcher effects but I'll spell them out too:
Trackers getting bus driven are obvious enough, they end up tracking a different person. The person being tracked's target(s) being bus driven do not change their target; the tracker only sees a person's original target(s) instead of who is actually affected.
Watchers getting bus driven are a bit more complicated. They still end up watching a different person, and they only end up seeing the people that targetted (not affected) THAT person.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 11:10:25 PM by Kejardon »
Permalink  •  December 28, 2012, 03:13:36 PM
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 03:13:36 PM »

Game notes below
Spoiler for Hidden:
Hyper Mafia 9-player roles. Canceled when Tenda signed up.

Watcher
Tracker
Bus Driver
(Clumsy) Doctor
Cheerleader
Cannon Manager
 Mafia
 Godfather
 Spy

Actual roles

1. Gamma_Metroid - Bus Driver
2. Spat - Mafia
3. Namine - Doctor
4. KennyMan666 - Mafia
5. SK - Townie
6. Soaprman - Tracker
7. Draino - Mafia
8. Yoshi348 - Townie
9. Scrow Funk - Townie
10. Tenda - Watcher

Watcher
- Tracker
- Doctor
- Bus Driver
- Mafia
- Mafia
- Mafia
- Townie
Townie
Townie

Mafia Mk. II Role

Bus Driver
Every night, you may pick two people and switch all people targetting each one to affect the other one instead.
You are town-aligned.

Mafia
The mafia consists of Spat, KennyMan666, and Draino. There is no godfather.
You must specify WHO is killing WHO. You may use any person to kill repeatedly.

Doctor
Every night, you may target a person to protect, other than yourself. That person cannot be killed during that night.
You are town-aligned.

Townie
Nothing fancy for you, sorry!

Tracker
Every night, you may target one person, and observe who THEY are targetting.
You are town-aligned.

Watcher
Every night, you may target one person, and observe everyone else who is targetting them.
You are town-aligned.

Night 0:
Namine protect Spat
Gamma_Metroid swap Spat and Namine
Soaprman tracks Spat
Draino kills Soaprman
Tenda is AFK! (Soap retroactively watches KennyMan666 for Tenda)

Night 1:
Draino kills Namine
Gamma_Metroid swaps Yoshi and Scrow
Namine protects SK
Tenda is AFK! (Namine retroactively watches SK for Tenda)

Day 1: Bandwagon on Draino, lynched.

Night 2:
Namine II watches Yoshi
Gamma_Metroid swaps SK and Kenny
Spat kills Scrow

Night 3:
Namine II watches Spat
Kenny kills Gamma
Gamma drives Spat and Yoshi

I think there's only about three things of interest I want to say.

First, I think everyone was confused about Gamma's last bus drive. He did swap Spatulator, as Namine reported. With Yoshi348. The mafia just flat out targetted Gamma and he didn't swap himself as bus drivers tend to do. I really can't fault anyone for not guessing that though and believing Spat to be innocent, that IS the most logical thing, but I am a bit surprised everyone seemed to assume that MUST have been what happened, instead of just thinking it was likely.

The game went horrendously in the Mafia's favor... just because they consistently took out valuable town roles pretty much every night, and the town took a while to react and start trying to lynch. I figured Tracker was about worth 2/3 a detective and Watcher about 1/2, Doctor was a normal role and Bus Driver is always pretty powerful for town defense (if confusing to townie logic). I rounded up a little for that and gave the mafia 3 instead of 2.5 (10/4). I'm honestly a bit surprised it ended up basically a slaughter, the mafia didn't even have to really DO anything during the day.

Last... Night 0 was a huge tease to me.
Namine protect Spat
Gamma_Metroid swap Spat and Namine
Soaprman tracks Spat
Draino kills Soaprman
Tenda is AFK! (Soap retroactively watches KennyMan666 for Tenda)
Imagine, if, instead of Draino kills Soaprman, that was Spat kills Namine. Soaprman would've even seen their person visiting Spat.
Permalink  •  December 28, 2012, 03:31:56 PM
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 03:31:56 PM »

It's because Kenny, Draino, and I are so used to being awful, no good liars that we were able to pull off such a great victory.
押忍!
  • 押忍!
  • Precursor
Permalink  •  December 28, 2012, 03:58:56 PM
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 03:58:56 PM »

I have no idea how that ended up actually working but I'm not complaining. Targeting the bus driver at that point felt like a massive gamble and I fully expected that I'd end up shooting myself. But, hey.

Quote from: SABERinBLUE
I'm straight, and I don't like insinuations that I'm not straight. It's easy to say "not that there's anything wrong with that", but for me, I'm straight, so there is something wrong with me being gay, that being that I'm not gay. I'm proud of being straight and the idea of being gay goes against my biological wiring.
i don't care
Draino
  • i don't care
Permalink  •  December 28, 2012, 09:07:44 PM
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 09:07:44 PM »

I honestly assumed there wasn't a real bus driver in the game when I compulsively fakeclaimed. Boy was I surprised. :wow:
Permalink  •  December 28, 2012, 09:38:25 PM
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2012, 09:38:25 PM »

Welp, that'll teach me not to read Namine's posts without evaluating his assumptions.

Quote from: Lolicon Jon
i got anime of all tastes and sizes
come down to jon's anime emporium where we can satisfy your anime needs
1000 episode shounens, WE GOT IT
men(or little boys) kissing and loving each other, WE GOT IT
Nosebleeds from seeing the tiniest bit of skin of a woman, WE GOT IT
so come on down to jon's anime emporium down on the highway
like right on the highway
Smokin' Jesus titty cinnamon! That is a monster!
  • Smokin' Jesus titty cinnamon! That is a monster!
Permalink  •  December 29, 2012, 02:15:03 AM
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2012, 02:15:03 AM »

I asked Kej about it, and the way he told me was I was seeing who was swapped after a bus drive. So I followed Spat, I assume Gamma swapped him but got killed. So I thought he was the target. :/ I didn't think of the fact that Spat could've been the one killing Gamma until the game was over. If I'd known I would've probably targetted spat instead on Lynching.

Pages: [1]