POSFriends
make me some furnitures http://thedailypos.org/friends/index.php?topic=1360.new#new

we're drawing pokemon again, maybe
Register |
  (Advanced search)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11
Topic: Pokémon Crystal Version Collabfest  (Read 38076 times)
Permalink  •  December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM
Re: Pokémon Crystal Version Collabfest
« Reply #90 on: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM »

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed irl and don't want to take the responsibility of this on right now, so deferring to Scrow and maybe I can insert my name in later closer to spring break when my school workload is less

« Reply #91 on: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM »

Strength was on Biospark. I THOUGHT he would be around for quite a while!

And not a huge loss losing Bubble, since Kingler's Sp. Atk is complete ass. You'd probably do more damage with Stomp.

And yeah, fourteen levels is not "a bit".

Quote from: Lolicon Jon
i got anime of all tastes and sizes
come down to jon's anime emporium where we can satisfy your anime needs
1000 episode shounens, WE GOT IT
men(or little boys) kissing and loving each other, WE GOT IT
Nosebleeds from seeing the tiniest bit of skin of a woman, WE GOT IT
so come on down to jon's anime emporium down on the highway
like right on the highway
SCrow Funk
SCrow Funk
« Reply #92 on: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM »

SUDDENLY, PLOT ADVANCEMENT

...AMPHY will not take anything from anyone but me...

whatever i didn't want to touch your gross-ass 'mon, anyway

Oh, my god, its body must be rejecting the medicine, its crying out in pain! It's taken a turn for the worst, I'm afraid we're going to have to put this little guy down

can we fight now

can we fight now

can we fight now

god damn it, woman

uhhh

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

this is clearly the most logical move to make

when DAISY lands she makes this loud CRUNCH noise and the whole screen shakes. there are like 6 floors

the big fighte

But this is different. Please allow me to introduce myself.

My name-a Daisy. Very NIce, high five

...Do you know about the steel-type?

Hell yeah, that's why I brought all these Electric types with me. You did say Seel, right

"And then retroactively applied to some pokemon, so now magnemites have always been weak against fire attacks i guess"

You've just Seeled your fate. :smokin:
SCrow Funk
SCrow Funk
« Reply #93 on: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM »

I prepared for this fight by leveling the heck out of this little guy. Let's see if it was worth it.

Not a one-hit KO, but pretty close! One more turn and he'll be down for the

count

:uhhh:

I know just how to deal with you fuckers

this becomes a recurring theme in this fight. its pretty poetic, really

Also big ups to whoever gave him that berry!

Flying enemies avoiding ground-based attacks?

not in gen II, m8 :252:

Certainly, even with the level difference, Akuma's high Sp Attack and the type advantage should let him do a fair bit of damage against Steelix, right?

See? That's not so ba

(╯
SCrow Funk
SCrow Funk
« Reply #94 on: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM »

next
« Reply #95 on: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM »

when DAISY lands she makes this loud CRUNCH noise and the whole screen shakes. there are like 6 floors

Oh wow, I completely forgot about this. In HG/SS they put an elevator in there (one way, although it might be unlocked after you use it once?).

Draino
Draino
« Reply #96 on: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM »

Back on our POKeMON adventure! let's-a-go!  :mario:

That was a close encounter of an unknown kind!

I woke up next to this guy. I have no idea what he's talking about.

There's nothing in the item PC! Looks like someone discovered my secret ball cache.

If I remember this game correctly, after the Olivine badge you're supposed to head east out of Ecruteak!

choices, choices

Damn, check out that scenic cave waterfall!

a "MACHOP"! That's like the :beefy: -est Pokemon! I'm catching this guy fer sure

I looked up how heavy Gravelers are! They weigh 231 pounds and are like 3 feet tall! Machops are pretty hardcore.

I didn't actually notice that this Machop was female but whatever, she's MR-GAY now

This cave is really insanely linear! I thought it would be more complicated.

There are a couple of trainers around though! This one dude had both the Nidoroyals.

A wild batmanwoman! let's catch itttt

Have you ever stopped to think about how huge Golbats are? They weigh more than me (me, Draino, in real life).

Seriously imagine what Castlevania would be like if the :bat: s were as big as :simon: . Dracula wouldn't have any vampire hunter problems at all!

I think this cave might have just taken me to the other side of that pond I was looking at! How boring.

That fisher-guy has this Qwilfish. Depicted: more wacky and wild fun with Metronome! That's the only reason we're keeping the egg in the party right guys?

Ninja? uh oh better stay on our daisy toes

MAGIKARP are just worthless, but GYRADOS are big moneymakers.

Is this store selling Gyrados? I want to buy a Gyrados.

Sadly this store has no Gyrados! In fact it only has little tiny parts of a totally different POKeMON species.

I saw some men in black at LAKE OF RAGE...

Isn't it convenient how the police aren't doing anything about Team Rocket? And how Team Rocket members never tell you their names? I'm just asking questions is all

The gym is inconveniently blocked off by a member of the Mahogany tourism board I guess! damn government jerkbutts

That's odd, since even ordinary GYRADOS are rare in that lake...

Gee do you think maybe the game wants me to go to the Lake of Rage? To the north of town?

Since you're new, you should try a yummy RAGECANDYBAR! Right now it can be yours for just

oh fuck off and stop railroading me.

Hi Arnie please give me an excuse to go somewhere other than where the game wants me to!

I'm always with my VENONAT! It's so cute! I just love it! Changing the topic here, I saw this PIDGEY for the first time! It was easy to beat, actually.

Okay clearly this guy who has never seen a Pidgey before (how the hell does that happen) has nothing for me. Guess I should be going north, damnit.
Draino
Draino
« Reply #97 on: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM »

Heading north to the northernmost part of north Johto

Fun fact: Bulbapedia has decided that Sandslashes are based off of IRL animals called "pangolins".

This happened to THE EGG (did it seriously take this long?). Now its name is totally inappropriate, since Togetic is really more of a flying potato.

If their types differ, a higher-level POKeMON may lose in battle. Learn which types are strong and weak against your POKeMON's type!

I think by this point in the adventure people should be able to understand how POKeMON types work.

These jerkwads didn't give me the option of not paying the toll! Seriously, they take 1000 from you and just shuffle you out the other end. What a couple of jerks.

WALUIGI seems to know what's up, right? You probably deserved it, guy.

you're a total weenie and your Nidoking is dumb too. loser :lol:

Ron was funny enough to keep me laughing all the way to the lake! dohohoho

gee I wonder if this guy has any goodies in his house! like a new fishing rod!

made by rampaging GYRADOS. The crater filled up with rainwater and the LAKE was formed. That's the story passed on from my Grandpa's great-great-grandpa. It used to be that you could catch lively MAGIKARP there, but... I don't understand what's happening.

that's some swankass oral history you've got going there!

But I thought GYRADOS were usually blue?

Only if you are playing this game on Nintendo's new Gameboy system, the Gameboy Color! "get into it"

yessir that Gyrados sure is red! quite an odd color

let's go get it I guess!

I don't think dragon-snakes are supposed to sparkle that much! could be wrong though

Anyways you'll be happy to know that he goes down pretty easy (like my men :chillin: )

Start military-industrial complex, catch resulting Gyradoses, make big Pokebuxxx

Damnit I accidentally didn't give him a nickname. I was going to call him "LIL' MAO" or something communisty like that... I deeply regret not doing so...

Luckily Gyrados was considerate enough to leave this behind. Hopefully somebody remembers what to do with this item.

So the MAGIKARP are being forced to evolve...

YOU WILL FACE PRINCESS DAISY WHEN YOU ARE SPEAKING TO HER

thank you that's better

Hi I'm Daisy  :flower:

I heard some rumors, so I came to investigate... I saw the way you battled earlier, DAISY. I can tell that you're a trainer with considerable skill. If you don't mind, could you help me investigate? Excellent! It seems that the LAKE's MAGIKARP are being forced to evolve. A mysterious radio broadcast coming from MAHOGANY is the cause. I'll be waiting for you, DAISY.

and then he flew off on a POKeMON. Surely he could've been gentlemanly enough to offer me a ride!
Draino
Draino
« Reply #98 on: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM »

guess I have to walk back  :shame:

It's a duck! Let's catch it!

maybe if they don't want to be endangered, they should stop tasting so good!

Named after the Swedish indie star because that's just how I roll

Huh? I think I took a wrong turn.

Apparently I made it to the other side of the lake?

I don't have anyone with Cut! Better backtrack.

Look it is another big dumb bush in my way!

Not pictured: me getting back to down and withdrawing Leekye and teaching it cut

In these games you can fly to the lake! which is pretty convenient

Behind that first bush on the other side of the lake,  I find... more bushes.

and this TM, which is boring

this one too

anyways whatever

I walk in on Lance's POKeMON pushing a guy into the wall...

Hi I'm Daisy! :proud:

Just as I thought, that strange radio signal is coming from here.

Stairs? In a house? preposterous

okay! You go for it and I'll wait outside.

I'm not entirely sure how it was able to attack you! I mean, I know wild POKeMON attack people and that's why you need a POKeMON before you even go out in the wild but isn't it like really illegal for trained POKeMON to attack people? If it isn't, why don't all those Team Rocket members ever sic their Golbats and Grimers on you?  :itisamystery:

Well whatever. While Lance is busy in there, IIRC there's somebody deep in Mt. Mortar who gives you a free party member! But he only gives it to you if you don't have a full party. I'm gonna go find him!

It sure is, inner narration! :smile:

IIRC these things are rare in these games! kinda cute too

I want to cuddle one of these things :yusss:

it looks like the best Smash character (Jigglypuff)

I'm exploring all the bits of this cave I can get to!

this happened. Unfortunately afaik we have no way of evolving Bullwinkle any further, since Graveler evolves by trading and we are on an emulator!

Has anyone ever used Seaking ever? I'm pretty sure I've never seen anyone use a Seaking in a POKeMON ever.

86 lbs! That's some gooooooood eatin'

eh I think these things are lame and awful.

Anyways yeah I'm not finding the guy. I think he might actually be past the top of the waterfall. In which case somebody should come back after badge 8. Got some nice items down here though!

Guess I ought to go rescue that Lance (A$$).
« Reply #99 on: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM »

IIRC these things are rare in these games! kinda cute too

It was a swarming Pokemon that you had to get a call for, but apparently they just made it a regular encounter in Crystal. 30% surfing on at least one of the floors.

Also apparently they made Mt. Mortar not dark in Crystal too, because fuck Flash.

Draino
Draino
« Reply #100 on: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM »

Okay snazzy cape guy :davestrider: , I'm coming already

OH MY FUCKING FUCK FUCK THIS GUY CAME OUT OF NOWHERE

luckily his levels are low and I dispatched him pretty easy

but then before I can even open the start menu another one walks right the hell up to me!

oh my god are you goddamn serious.

I somehow make my way across the hallway, fighting low-level rockets left and right.

grfrlkfsjlkdhkljsfl :mad:

For those of you who don't remember this part, the traps are wild POKeMON. The kamikaze-happy kind of wild POKeMON.

That doesn't really explain how you Rockets are able to walk around here without killing yourself.

a little story 'bout a man named Jed

oil, that is! black gold, texas tea

Steal POKeMON for profit! Exploit POKeMON for profit! All POKeMON exist for the glory of TEAM ROCKET!

To protect the world from collectivization! To accumulate all capital within our nation! :marx:

FINALLY no more fighting the same respawning chump rockets over and over

With the switch pressed I can walk around the first floor much more easily. I take the opportunity to retreat to town and sell these drugs I found.

Jesus dude you just called me an hour or two ago! kindly fuck the fuck off.

Boy, am I glad I caught you! A whole bunch of YANMA have appeared around ROUTE 35! You have to see this! Let's talk again, huh?

oh wow one of the people on our contacts list actually did what they were supposed to! hot damn let's go catch us some rares!

Yes, they certainly are a beautiful sight! (no they're not there's nothing to see here)

This was pretty easy!

Spoiler for You know what's better than seeing all your attackers?:
KILLING THEM :chaingunner:

I wish we were playing the 4th gen games where this guy would get to have decent moves and an evolution. Yanmas are cool.

Anyways back into the beehive!

Your POKeMON are hurt and tired. Here, give them some of my medicine. DAISY, let's give it our best for POKeMON.

I could've gotten a free heal from this guy if I had gone deeper into the dungeon earlier. But whatever.

I think whatever's behind this door is my ultimate goal in here. Better find that password!
Draino
Draino
« Reply #101 on: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM »

Those passwords are known only to a few ROCKETS. That ROCKET there very graciously told me so. DAISY, let's go get the passwords.

why are you wearing a cape, lance. are you some kind of POKeMON superhero.

It's not really clear whether Lance beat this guy in a POKeMON battle or just beat him up.

Unfortunately I couldn't access my POKeMON Facebook from this POKeMON computer terminal! But hey check it out those sure are some Voltorbs or something on my left.

who do you think you're calling kid, POOPYFACE

I mean you're the one with babby's first normal type over there!

When we were abducting POKeMON, this kid with long red hair and mean-looking eyes just creamed me...

AH SNAP YOU GOT BEATEN BY WALUIGI. you must be a total weenie.

Why here comes the handsome devil himself!

Didn't I tell you that I was going to destroy TEAM ROCKET? ...Tell me, who was the guy in the cape who used dragon POKeMON? My POKeMON were no match at all. I don't care that I lost. I can beat him by getting stronger POKeMON. It's what he said that bothers me... He told me that I don't love and trust my POKeMON enough. I'm furious that I lost to a bleeding heart like him.

Yes, I too am bothered by what cape-wearing vigilante psychopaths have to say about morality.

you!

I guess this is the door I'm actually immediately supposed to be finding passwords for!

These guys really aren't very keen on the idea of cooperating, are they?

She goes down easy. LIKE MY MEN TOPT PICKS.

SLOWPOKETAIL. But it's useless unless you have two passwords.

well thanks little missy! That's half of this objective down!

You're challenging me to a battle? Hah! You're nuts, but you have guts! I like that! If you can beat me, I'll tell you a password to the boss's room!
(one battle later)
Hyuck-hyuck-hyuck! The password to the boss's room... Uh..., I think it is RATICATE TAIL.

Team Rocket has literal stooges working for them.

ANYWAYS I backed up to heal before fighting the boss and uh I caught one of the trap POKeMON.

What are the evolutionary implications of Voltorb?  :itisamystery:

I rather like big balls :smile:
Draino
Draino
« Reply #102 on: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM »

Let's get my turn over with already please!

Since disbanding TEAM ROCKET three years ago, he has been in training. But we're certain he will be back some day to assume command again. That's why we're standing guard. I won't let anyone disturb this place!

Didn't he have like an office in the RBY game corner? And then, you know, his gym? How many offices did that guy have?

This guy's levels are a little higher then the grunts but he's still lower than us. Pretty wussy!

Run away like leetle babby man! ohohoho

Oh yeah there's another passworded door here huh. I almost forgot. Cool that that Murkrow can talk though.

I open the door and suddenly some more fuckers come and rush me!

It's harmful to TEAM ROCKET's pride, you see. However strong you may be, you can't take both of us at the same time. Sorry, baby. Now get ready to be thrashed!

To be fair, Team Rocket does have a serious problem with getting defeated by brats! I can see why they'd be so angry.

LANCE: Hey! Don't be so selfish. Spread the fun around.

Oh no no no no lady. I'm not affiliated with this nutcase. Trust me, I was totally prepared to take on you two losers by myself.

These guys sure have a lot of bosses. Whatever though point is you're gonna be whupped lady.

yadda yadda yadda standard bad guy mons. next.

It's too bad. If you were to join TEAM ROCKET, you could become an EXECUTIVE.

I'm very disappointed that I don't get to pursue this option.

But that's fine. The broadcast experiment was a total success. It doesn't matter what happens to this hideout now. We have much bigger plans. You'll come to appreciate TEAM ROCKET's true power soon enough. Enjoy yourself while you can... Fufufufu...

(exit, pursued by a bear)

But I'm concerned about the young guy I battled in the process... Sorry, DAISY. I saw how well you were doing, so I just hung back. Now all there is left to do is to turn off that odd radio signal.

This is boring, let me be done with this already please.

I don't see a switch on it... We have no choice. We have to make all the ELECTRODE faint. That should stop this machine from transmitting that strange signal. It's no fault of the POKeMON, so it makes me feel guilty. DAISY, let's split the job.

Is it suddenly a guiltworthy thing to make POKeMON faint? What the hell is up with this guy's moral code.

I have to beat up three of these thingies. I tried to catch the last one but it selfdestructed first.

The LAKE should be back to normal. You're the hero! Let me thank you on behalf of all POKeMON.

It's actually not back to normal. I looked it up and the wilds at the lake don't change at all.

Oh yes, you should take this. I found it here, but I don't have any need for it.
DAISY recieved HM06.
That's WHIRLPOOL. Teach it to a POKeMON to get across wild water. But keep this in mind. You can only use that out of battle only with the BADGE from MAHOGANY GYM.

That's useful and all but you really should shut up and let me go :katiewhite: already.

hi i'm daisy

Knowing that, will you keep going? ... I see. No, you're right. If you would give up that easily, you would have never chased that dream in the first place. I look forward to seeing you again!

Why the hell did I follow this guy down here. He is the most annoying person.

FINALLY. It took me a week and like six posts but I'm done with this stupid part of the game. Hopefully we'll be past the Elite Four by the next time my turn rolls around. See you next time.
Draino
Draino
« Reply #103 on: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM »

Sorry about the wait, Gamma (and everyone else)! Please find attached my save file.
« Reply #104 on: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM »

im the yoshi fairy, editing posts to make the image work