POSFriends
make me some furnitures http://thedailypos.org/friends/index.php?topic=1360.new#new

we're drawing pokemon again, maybe
Register |
  (Advanced search)

Poll

which

X
- 2 (28.6%)
Y
- 3 (42.9%)
*in squeaky falsetto* I'm waiting for the third version! (Fucktard Option)
- 0 (0%)
I'm Buying BOTH (True Gamer Option)
- 2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Topic: Pokemon Mega Thread [gotta catch that (poke poke poke)]  (Read 38184 times)
Smokin' Jesus titty cinnamon! That is a monster!
  • Smokin' Jesus titty cinnamon! That is a monster!
Permalink  •  March 16, 2014, 11:54:00 AM
Re: Pokemon Mega Thread [gotta catch that (poke poke poke)]
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2014, 11:54:00 AM »

FC's on 3DS are universal. Nintendo learned their lesson from the DS/Wii era.

Permalink  •  March 16, 2014, 11:55:24 AM
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2014, 11:55:24 AM »

1. Snow problem. :thumbsup:

2. Friend codes are system-specific on 3DS, not game-specific. Though the in-game friends list only updates when both players are online at the same time. Also, when you get the new SD card, you can directly copy the contents of the old one to the new one... as long as you copy it in its entirety, it'll work.

You can trade, battle, and voice chat remotely (chat works during trade and battle too). You don't even have to go into a pokémon center to do it anymore (a change from the last games).

The game's quite good. The regional dex has over 450 pokémon in it and there's lots of variety even within individual routes. The post-game content is pretty lacking but since you can challenge random opponents to battles or whatever that isn't too big a deal.

This may be a big one: early in the game, you'll get the Exp Share item. It starts off turned on. While it's on, all pokémon that didn't participate in the battle get 50% of what the participants get. Yes, this can add up to well over 100%... the Exp Share more than triples the total amount of experience you get while playing the game. If you don't change your team often, you'll get overleveled pretty quickly and the game will become easy. So probably turn it off when you get it, or leave it on and just change your team often (this is what I did). It's great for a playstyle where you update your team regularly but people who like to keep the same team throughout the game complain on the internet a lot about it making the game easy instead of, you know, turning it off.
Permalink  •  March 16, 2014, 01:22:32 PM
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2014, 01:22:32 PM »

2. I blame the internet for faulty information. If I can't click on the top result in Google and get the right answer, what has the world come to?

:fuckyou: internet

I did, however, find a good help topic on transferring SD card data.

I like the idea of that Exp share. I like to be the player who has a variety of pokemon and I like to try all of them out. I know in the earlier versions of the game (for the most part), once you tried one of [type combo] your experience with others of the same combination would be similar/same, with the rare exception. Are they still doing genders and breeding? If I recall, that made for some pretty unique pokemon.

I also assume that each version has it's own special dungeon/pokemon that you have to trade to get or use the streetpass function to take advantage of.

I'll see about that friend code thing today, too.

Endo > Octane > Dominus
Permalink  •  March 16, 2014, 02:05:25 PM
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2014, 02:05:25 PM »

Genders and breeding are still around, yep, and pokémon movelists are bigger than ever. There are also a lot of pokémon with fun/goofy movelists that encourage strategies other than sweeping everything with super-effective moves (though they might not always be as quick).

The version differences aren't very big this time... just the main legendary and random other version-exclusive mons as far as I know. Contrast with Black and White which had an entire town that changed depending on your version.
Permalink  •  March 16, 2014, 06:36:49 PM
« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2014, 06:36:49 PM »

My Friend Code: 3480-2769-1421

Good for anyone who wants to friend me.

Endo > Octane > Dominus
Smokin' Jesus titty cinnamon! That is a monster!
  • Smokin' Jesus titty cinnamon! That is a monster!
Permalink  •  March 17, 2014, 11:45:07 AM
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2014, 11:45:07 AM »

Feel free to add mine:

0817-3758-0861

Permalink  •  April 15, 2014, 10:23:41 AM
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2014, 10:23:41 AM »

I'm sad that the friend safari is so inflexible. It would be cool it if rotated every day or week or something.

I thought that since I beat the main storyline I would take a stab at creating an ultimate fighting team (since I'm not even going to bother trying to catch all 700+ in the National Dex). The fun part seems to be in finding the appropriate Dittos. Wish me luck. :P

On a side note: Is everyone as fascinated by wonder trade as I am? I started breeding Version Y exclusives (cause I'm too nice to just use any old pokemon) and tossing them out there to see what I get back. It's kind of addicting.

Endo > Octane > Dominus
Permalink  •  April 15, 2014, 12:06:55 PM
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2014, 12:06:55 PM »

Yeah, the friend safari only really gets great if you have a huge 3DS friend list. I think they kind of rushed the game a bit toward the end because the post-game content as a whole is rather lacking compared to the past few generations. (I would expect a bunch more stuff to be present in the inevitable third version).

When are you usually online? I'm curious about what your third safari pokémon is... (your first two are Sunkern and Petilil) If we're online at the same time we each get the last slot filled in (it happens if both players have beaten the game).

I'm slowly putting battle-ready pokémon together. I actually recently completed my national dex, but it wasn't a whole lot of work because between all my past games, I basically had it done already.

Wonder Trade is probably my favorite feature in any Pokémon game ever. I've traded away entire boxes at a time. While some pokémon are certainly more common to receive than others (Scatterbug, Charmander, Gible, Froakie are most common in my experience), some real treats come through sometimes (quality breeding rejects, and I even got a shiny Charizard once). I actually even threw a few excess legendaries imported from my old games on there.
Permalink  •  April 15, 2014, 01:00:43 PM
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2014, 01:00:43 PM »

Well this week I am on vacation, so I'm on pretty much all day. I'll be in school tonight and Thursday night (except 8-9pm to get those Mega Stones). I thought about working my way up to getting the Pokedex filled out one day, but that would require buying at least 1 or 2 of the newer versions and I don't know that I'm THAT dedicated.

You and Namine landed me a flying and fighting safari. I don't think I'll be hitting up strangers for friend codes, but it would make ditto hunting easier if I had a normal safari.

I thought it was weird that I got several charmanders in my wonder trades. I'll probably be tossing all kinds of breeding rejects when I get to that stage of my battle team creation.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 01:44:50 PM by staringvacantly »

Endo > Octane > Dominus
Permalink  •  April 15, 2014, 07:59:47 PM
« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2014, 07:59:47 PM »

Maybe while you're on vacation you can take some time to practice your telepathy so next time you go on vacation, it's not the week before I go on vacation! Sheesh!

Having access to a Ditto safari is pretty nice, yeah. If you want, I can throw a few safari Dittos your way.
Permalink  •  April 16, 2014, 01:43:21 PM
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2014, 01:43:21 PM »

Yeah, I'm already 2 weeks behind on taking my vacation. It would happen like this.

I'm playing for the next few hours and probably for awhile before Heather gets home; so most of the time between now and 7:30pm.

After spending some time hunting in Pokemon Village I decided to hang out on the Friend Safari trading reddit. It's funny how no one with Dittos really post. :P

I'd totally take you up on that ditto offer - is there anything in particular you might want in exchange?

Endo > Octane > Dominus
Permalink  •  April 16, 2014, 06:41:47 PM
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2014, 06:41:47 PM »

Anything's fine. I've completed my National Dex so I have everything and the ability to make more of almost everything. :P

Anyone who posts in the Friend Safari subreddit with a Ditto safari probably gets swarmed into oblivion. I guess if you have a Ditto safari, it's a good way to get an anything-else safari!
Permalink  •  April 18, 2014, 05:06:24 PM
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2014, 05:06:24 PM »

Yeah, I lucked out and caught a ditto guy yesterday. I got your third, Fletchinder, so I suppose you can find out what mine is if you didn't already know.

Also, today I learned spICY is unacceptable as a name for my Vanillite. I'm sad.

Endo > Octane > Dominus
Permalink  •  April 18, 2014, 08:24:45 PM
« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2014, 08:24:45 PM »

It's Quilladin.

There're a bunch of names that are forbidden because of some obscure racial slur ("spic" in your case) or whatever. All the game's doing is teaching people these new words when they look up why they can't use some apparently-innocent name. Doesn't stop them from wonder trading me a Zigzagoon named SHINY N1GGER though... it's not even shiny!
Permalink  •  April 20, 2014, 08:58:19 PM
« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2014, 08:58:19 PM »

Yeah, I was just thinking about that kind of stuff. I know they can't cover 1337 speak, but you would think they'd just limit it to actual swears and slurs. Makes me wonder if someone has made a list of acceptable "bad" names that aren't 1337.

I did a quick Google search and learned at least that they ban a word that contains parts that are "bad" in any language. Names like Conner and Violet got banned for non-English reasons. Must have to do with the global trading parts.

Endo > Octane > Dominus
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7