POSFriends
make me some furnitures http://thedailypos.org/friends/index.php?topic=1360.new#new

we're drawing pokemon again, maybe
Register |
  (Advanced search)
Pages: [1]
Topic: Nintendo Direct Wii U Edition 2013  (Read 3704 times)
Smokin' Jesus titty cinnamon! That is a monster!
  • Smokin' Jesus titty cinnamon! That is a monster!
Permalink  •  January 23, 2013, 02:53:02 PM
Nintendo Direct Wii U Edition 2013
« on: January 23, 2013, 02:53:02 PM »

So there was a new Nintendo Direct today: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/01-23-2013/

It basically covered Wii U all round. Virtual Console releases with the Spring update though there'll be some select games on sale starting today with Balloon Fight (30 cents on the eShop). To start it'll have SNES and NES, but will expand to other systems as time goes on including GBA.

It also mentioned Virtual Console will have the ability to play on the gamepad off the TV, and have Miiverse support. Kind of obvious they'd do that.

It's interesting to note you can't transfer Virtual Console games from Wii to your Wii U (outside of Wii Mode), but you can re-purchase them for a reduced price ($1-$1.50) if you already own them.  That's good. One VC game a month for 30 cents might be one of the greatest things Nintendo's ever done. I'm really loving that idea seeing as they have some pretty nice titles coming out:

January: Balloon Fight
February: F-Zero
March: Punch Out! Featuring Mr. Dream
April: Kirby's Adventure
May: Super Metroid
June: Yoshi
July: Donkey Kong

Mentioned that the Android/iOS Miiverse app will be coming out soon (Spring update probably).

Wii U System Changes: Faster Loading times etc. With both Summer and Spring patches.

It also just mentioned some Miiverse stuff and Wiifit U and some dumb Wii Party game.

It showed off some of the interesting games though that are highly anticipated.

Highlights:

Wonderful 101 (Platinum Games) Short trailer.
Bayonetta 2 (Platinum Games only development things though no gameplay).
Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei (Atlus) Nothing much just an announcement.
Mario Kart U (Announcement, nothing else. E3 will have more)
Mario U (3D Mario Game, E3 will have more info)
Smash Brothers 3DS/U (E3 will have first gameplay shots)
New Yoshi Game from Epic Yarn team (Gameplay Vid)
New Zelda Game Info (Non Linear dungeon set up? Just talks)
Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD (Pretty pictures, much hype)
Next Monolith (Xenoblade Chronicles?)

Definitely worth checking out. Especially Wind Waker HD. I think Nintendo did an amazing job with this HD remake and probably one of the best HD remakes I've seen so far.

Scrow Funk
  • wheres the beef
Permalink  •  January 23, 2013, 03:17:03 PM
Re: Nintendo Direct Wii U Edition 2013
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 03:17:03 PM »

It's interesting to note you can't transfer Virtual Console games from Wii to your Wii U (outside of Wii Mode), but you can re-purchase them for a reduced price ($1-$1.50) if you already own them.  That's good. One VC game a month for 30 cents might be one of the greatest things Nintendo's ever done. I'm really loving that idea seeing as they have some pretty nice titles coming out

lol

Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei (Atlus) Nothing much just an announcement.

check the trailer again, Intelligent Systems's logo shows up at the end. 

Scrow Funk
  • wheres the beef
Permalink  •  January 23, 2013, 03:22:26 PM
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 03:22:26 PM »

here's the video with alll the announcements and whatever
Click to load

and here's some screencaps from the ww bit

for reference, here's ww running on dolphin, also in hd

hmm.

Permalink  •  January 23, 2013, 07:46:30 PM
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 07:46:30 PM »

Listening to Iwata now but I gotta say about those Wind Waker screenshots: the hell, Nintendo? Ditch the bloom and fuzzy nonsense. Bring the cel shading back. Celda more like Zelda :(
Permalink  •  January 23, 2013, 08:32:02 PM
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 08:32:02 PM »

Well, don't take away the bloom-ish effects, just tone it down a bit. I can see why they took out the cell-shading, it probably wouldn't have happened anyways if they could have gotten a crisp look on the models like they can now.
Pages: [1]