POSFriends
make me some furnitures http://thedailypos.org/friends/index.php?topic=1360.new#new

we're drawing pokemon again, maybe
Register |
  (Advanced search)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Topic: Project X Zone  (Read 22017 times)
Permalink  •  June 07, 2015, 01:13:33 AM
Re: Project X Zone
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2015, 01:13:33 AM »

"y'know, like deep south New York"

Oh man, it's like accent babelfish

Quote from: Lolicon Jon
i got anime of all tastes and sizes
come down to jon's anime emporium where we can satisfy your anime needs
1000 episode shounens, WE GOT IT
men(or little boys) kissing and loving each other, WE GOT IT
Nosebleeds from seeing the tiniest bit of skin of a woman, WE GOT IT
so come on down to jon's anime emporium down on the highway
like right on the highway
WAIT !
Yagami1211
  • WAIT !
Permalink  •  June 11, 2015, 07:28:14 PM
« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2015, 07:28:14 PM »

Hey they're back.

For starters : Reiji, since Endless Frontier, is a walking reference to Rom Stoll from Machine Robo : Revenge of Chronos.
His intro in the game is the exact same, he got the same voice actor too. His has this habit of shouting WAIT ! when he does his intro and does a speech about virtue and justice while saying his enemies don't deserve to know his name, he does this so much it's almost a meme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAqWK6i6AHM

And both Reiji and Xiaomu, since NXC, are inspired too by Kyosuke Nanbu and Excellen Browning ( Subordinates of Sanger Zonvolt, who is in PXZ himself. Hilarity ensue when you put them in the same team. ) from Super Robot Taisen.

Kaguya Nanbu ( Who as the same nickname as Sanger "The sword that smites evil" ) and Haken Browning from Endless Frontier are inspired too by Kyosuke Nanbu and Excellen Browning, leading to hilarities with Sanger too. Check it out.

I could try to list all the returning playing characters from NXC but that would be long.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 05:48:25 AM by Yagami1211 »

All your base are belong to us !
Permalink  •  August 05, 2015, 09:04:46 PM
« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2015, 09:04:46 PM »

Chapter 7 - The .hackers (Post 1 of ?)

Things have been looking grim... looks like our only option left is to pray and hope things work out.

A flash of white light and our prayers are answered! PXZ continues!

MRW images of PXZ appear on my monitor after about two months of not updating PXZ

Wrongamundo, fuckface! It's Repentance Land, the church-themed amusement park!

"This isn't what I prayed for!"

"Get away from this crazy fucker!"

Calm down, calm down. I'm not here to hurt ya. Oh, uh, my name's Lindow. Lindow Amamiya. I'm with the Fenrir Far East Branch, rank...uh, ensign, I think?

Dude's just making shit up as he goes.

I guess nobody thought to put Lindow on the left during this conversation so we could actually get a good view of the arm she's talking about. Though come to think of it... *goes back and looks at screenshots with Reiji in them* ... guys, I might have missed one because I was just skimming, but it seems like Reiji has never appeared on the left side of the screen during a conversation. So I don't know whether he has a separate sprite with the white hair on the correct side for when he's on the left side.

Though looking back at prologue 5 (man that was long ago), it looks like Rikiya (the only other notably asymmetric character I can recall) doesn't have separate sprites. So maybe Reiji doesn't either. I'll be sure to let you guys know if I ever spot Reiji's other side!

The screen goes black as the characters presumably introduce themselves to each other.

Real talk: I like how they wrote the conversation between Zephyr+Leanne and Lindow much the same way that they wrote the conversation between Soma+Alisa and Vashyron. It's a nice touch.

And you work there as a job-for-hire Hunter? Hmm.
How did you get in here, Lindow?
Well, I was on my way to some church ruins, then I saw this flash of light.
And next thing you knew, you were here? The same thing happened to us.
We were going to the Seminary for an assignment, when all of a sudden...

Look at all this stuff you could have inferred already from what was said just a few lines ago!

The Ol' PXZ Turn-Around

Whoa! Who're these guys?
Monsters I'm pretty well familiar with by now. Ugh, I swear.

SIGH

Yeah. You see them around Basel all the time.

I just cross the street and use the other sidewalk whenever I see a group of them coming.

So wherever you guys came from, this place is connected to it somehow.
Looks like it. But let's go blow these guys away before anything else.

WOMEN

...Wait, seriously? You can't save it for later?
I feel like a stronger woman when I have it on. It starts running and stuff when I cry, so it encourages me to stay strong!

Protip: Drink a lot before you start a game speedrun. The threat of accidentally wetting your pants will encourage you to finish the game quickly!

Huh. Makeup makes you stronger, huh? Wait'll I tell our girls about that.
It's just a pain in the ass, that's all. She piles it on before every single fight!
Ah, it's all right. Let her do what she wants here. You ready to go, then? Let's do it!

I hope they're okay too! I'd hate it if they never showed up again.

The Ol' PXZ Let You Fight For One Turn Before All The Other Characters Show Up And More Dialogue Happens
Permalink  •  August 05, 2015, 09:34:43 PM
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2015, 09:34:43 PM »

(it's late, I will post more either Thursday, Friday, or this weekend depending on when is best for me to do it)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 07:18:18 PM by Soaprman »
SK
Permalink  •  August 06, 2015, 07:08:57 AM
« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2015, 07:08:57 AM »

totally breakin up your post with a comment but while its fresh on my mind

Quote from: Soaprman
I guess nobody thought to put Lindow on the left during this conversation so we could actually get a good view of the arm she's talking about. Though come to think of it... *goes back and looks at screenshots with Reiji in them* ... guys, I might have missed one because I was just skimming, but it seems like Reiji has never appeared on the left side of the screen during a conversation. So I don't know whether he has a separate sprite with the white hair on the correct side for when he's on the left side.

I looked into this because I was curious and I find it kinda funny.

I remember NxC making a decent effort to make mirror sprites for certain asymmetrical designs, but it seems mostly reserved for subtle touches and one main character. A quick glance tells me Armor King, Bison and Reiji had them, and probably a few others. The rest were relegated to being stuck on one side of the screen, which I find the oddest case of that is Xiaomu considering she was one of the 'focus characters' so to speak.

The PxZ sprites are still being ripped but most of them seem available, and from a brief glance, the only ones I can see with mirror sprites are... oddly, Reiji and Hsien-Ko (with a REALLY subtle change). The rest do seem to be stuck to one side again, including the guy with one arm. I dunno if Reiji's are even used, given we haven't seen them yet, but they are apparently there.
Permalink  •  August 12, 2015, 07:20:31 PM
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2015, 07:20:31 PM »

NOTICE: I'll finish posting chapter 7 someday when I'm in the mood. I don't make good posts when I'm not in the mood to deal with this game's nonsense (which is the majority of the time). Seriously, it's just boring and tiring to keep up with the posting with this game...

In the meantime, I'm going to shift gears and LP a game I actually like. See you in another thread! :jarsnake:
WAIT !
Yagami1211
  • WAIT !
Permalink  •  December 02, 2015, 09:13:11 AM
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2015, 09:13:11 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ8aOUygqjI  :playitloud:

Just the super attacks of PXZ2. I can't wait to play that one. A bit disappointed with the lack of Super Robot Wars characters.
I love the return of NXC's theme song.

Permalink  •  December 02, 2015, 05:39:07 PM
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2015, 05:39:07 PM »

Man, I still need to get around to playing some more of the first PXZ. I won't be making any more image posts or anything but I plan on getting together with SK and streaming it sometime. If we ever actually decide to do that, I'll post here and let you know! (I'll probably upload the archived stream to YouTube or something, too)

As for PXZ2, I'll probably get it. I don't have too much of an attachment to most of the characters so there's not ever much for me to be particularly hyped or disappointed about.
Permalink  •  December 22, 2015, 09:30:12 AM
« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2015, 09:30:12 AM »

Stream of chapter 9:

Click to load

Follow me here and/or keep up with the chat in Discord to know when streams are coming: http://www.hitbox.tv/Soaprman

Most of my streams won't be this game but I'll grab SK and stream some PXZ on occasion to break things up.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 09:34:00 AM by Soaprman »
Permalink  •  May 01, 2018, 10:38:11 PM
« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2018, 10:38:11 PM »

Stream of chapter 10:

Click to load

it is processing at time of posting but should be done soon

also if you dig around on https://www.twitch.tv/soaprman/videos/all you can find the recording there
WAIT !
Yagami1211
  • WAIT !
Permalink  •  June 15, 2018, 08:48:58 AM
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2018, 08:48:58 AM »

Oh shit ! Fuck yeah !

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]