POSFriends
make me some furnitures http://thedailypos.org/friends/index.php?topic=1360.new#new

we're drawing pokemon again, maybe
Register |
  (Advanced search)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Topic: OUYA  (Read 23254 times)
SK
Permalink  •  August 04, 2012, 07:05:53 PM
OUYA
« on: August 04, 2012, 07:05:53 PM »

haf you guys heard about the oh yeah

its this big console thing that got a shitload of money on kickstarter and apparently is going to be a thing you can buy if you want a console that does literally everything a computer can do but not as good

seriously read up on some of their ads, they have wonderful things now like RADIO and THE ABILITY TO VIEW CENSORED MUSIC VIDEOS

you'll also be able to play FINAL FANTASY 3 for the first time ever (except for emulators (and the ds remakes))

so yeah im pretty excited
Scrow Funk
  • wheres the beef
Permalink  •  August 04, 2012, 09:04:00 PM
Re: OUYA
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 09:04:00 PM »

you forgot to post the screensho

Scrow Funk
  • wheres the beef
Permalink  •  August 04, 2012, 09:07:12 PM
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 09:07:12 PM »

$6,651,618
pledged of $950,000 goal

Scrow Funk
  • wheres the beef
Permalink  •  August 04, 2012, 09:08:18 PM
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 09:08:18 PM »

how were they planning on putting a console on the market with less than a million doll hairs

押忍!
  • 押忍!
  • Precursor
Permalink  •  August 07, 2012, 06:37:20 AM
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 06:37:20 AM »

The big problems with the Ouya? First of all, it's not really going to do anything that smart-TVs couldn't do given a little more development and a proper gamepad. Which is probably the next logical step for them, and something that could already have happened if Google TV would actually have gotten some better thought put into it - the Ouya tries to be all HOLY SHIT AN ANDROID DEVICE FOR YOUR TV. The Google TV was specifically that.

Second... it's an Android device. Android is an OS for SMARTPHONES AND TABLETS. Games for Android are designed to work for smartphones and tablets. So what does the Ouya do? Make a gamepad with a touchpad. That doesn't change the fact that the game library will be a goddamned Android game library. And oh, it's supposed to be easy to develop for! You just need to take a quick glance at something like XBox Live Indie Games to see that this is going to mean that 95% of the game library will be utter, utter shit. What I envision on release day (well, at least when people have gotten their systems) is a lot of people looking through the game library and going "I paid a hundred bucks for this?"

What I really want the Ouya to become is the Kickstarter project that makes people realize that maybe, just maybe, they should stop and think a little harder before they start blindly throwing money at stuff.

Quote from: SABERinBLUE
I'm straight, and I don't like insinuations that I'm not straight. It's easy to say "not that there's anything wrong with that", but for me, I'm straight, so there is something wrong with me being gay, that being that I'm not gay. I'm proud of being straight and the idea of being gay goes against my biological wiring.
SK
Permalink  •  August 07, 2012, 07:23:46 AM
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 07:23:46 AM »

What I really want the Ouya to become is the Kickstarter project that makes people realize that maybe, just maybe, they should stop and think a little harder before they start blindly throwing money at stuff.

Seriously. This amount of money into something that looks more and more disappointing as time goes on.
Scrow Funk
  • wheres the beef
Permalink  •  August 07, 2012, 11:50:02 AM
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 11:50:02 AM »

i dont want this to happen b/c i haven't made a kickstarter to bilk nerds out of thousands yet

Smokin' Jesus titty cinnamon! That is a monster!
  • Smokin' Jesus titty cinnamon! That is a monster!
Permalink  •  August 07, 2012, 12:01:54 PM
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 12:01:54 PM »

Seriously. This amount of money into something that looks more and more disappointing as time goes on.

I agree with you two 110%. I funded a few projects on Kickstarter before: (Carmageddeon and Double Fine), but that's mainly because I know those developers well and they deserved it.

This thing is not worth throwing your money blindly at. If you really want to play your Android games on the TV get a micro HDMI cable and an ASUS Transformer tablet with the controller accessory. Boom you got an OUYA.

The console is taking a steady decline to shitsville right now. It's a great concept, but so far it's being executed poorly.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 12:05:24 PM by Namine »

Kill em and grill em.
nimrodpowerz
  • Kill em and grill em.
Permalink  •  September 25, 2012, 03:35:25 AM
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 03:35:25 AM »

But guys. Free games

FREE FUCKING GAMES WHY THE FUCK DON'T YOU DO FREE GAM IT'S A CONSOLE WITH A FREE GAMES :dk:

Permalink  •  September 25, 2012, 07:44:19 AM
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 07:44:19 AM »

yeah...... free SHIT games........

ouya ->  :urmrgay:        :pacman2: <- me walkin away from this fucklame "console"
Smokin' Jesus titty cinnamon! That is a monster!
  • Smokin' Jesus titty cinnamon! That is a monster!
Permalink  •  September 25, 2012, 11:54:58 AM
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2012, 11:54:58 AM »

I CAN'T WAIT TO BUY THIS AND PLAY THE LATEST PLANTS VS ZOMBIES UPDATE ON MY TV. OH I CAN ALSO PLAY ANGRY BIRDS AND WORDS WITH FRIENDS! AWESOME GUYS!!!!! IT'LL BE SO COOL ON MY TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I THREW OUT MY PS TRIPLE AND DID A 360 NO SCOPE ON MY XBOX BECAUSE THIS WILL PUT THE OTHER CONSOLES TO SHAME!!!! I DON'T NEED ANY OTHER CONSOLE OUYA IS THE SHITTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111ONEONEONEONE LOL

:spot: :spot: :spot: :spot: :spot: :spot: :spot: :spot: :spot: :spot: :spot:

押忍!
  • 押忍!
  • Precursor
Permalink  •  September 25, 2012, 01:31:44 PM
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2012, 01:31:44 PM »

It's not free games, though.

Also, someone made what the Ouya concept should have been.

I'm straight, and I don't like insinuations that I'm not straight. It's easy to say "not that there's anything wrong with that", but for me, I'm straight, so there is something wrong with me being gay, that being that I'm not gay. I'm proud of being straight and the idea of being gay goes against my biological wiring.
Kill em and grill em.
nimrodpowerz
  • Kill em and grill em.
Permalink  •  September 25, 2012, 06:03:03 PM
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2012, 06:03:03 PM »

It's not free games, though.

Also, someone made what the Ouya concept should have been.

Well the trailer thing said it was free. What people lying to me that doesn't exist  :link: :link: :link: :link:

Permalink  •  September 25, 2012, 06:22:29 PM
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2012, 06:22:29 PM »

Kenny: I don't know, that looks pretty uncomfortable. Like, it's not that much wider than a GBA SP but it has way more buttons on it. Guess it's the price you pay trying to make something work with a phone, though.
押忍!
  • 押忍!
  • Precursor
Permalink  •  September 26, 2012, 07:16:09 AM
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2012, 07:16:09 AM »

Well the trailer thing said it was free.
What they've said is that all games need to in some form be freely available - which includes just having a free trial of the game.

Soap: Yeah idk about how nice that would be to actually use, but the concept is virtually the same since Ouya's pitch was all "You want to play games on your TV sitting in your sofa using a gamepad!"

Pages: [1] 2 3