POSFriends
make me some furnitures http://thedailypos.org/friends/index.php?topic=1360.new#new

we're drawing pokemon again, maybe
Register |
  (Advanced search)
Pages: 1 [2]
Topic: THE END OF POS dating profiles  (Read 5665 times)
Permalink  •  May 23, 2015, 09:33:06 AM
Re: THE END OF POS dating profiles
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2015, 09:33:06 AM »

I never pegged you as a metal fan. I listen mostly to symphonic power metal (Epica and Nightwish) and Dragonforce.

I tried to save the actual topic way back in the day, but it seems I only saved the first page. I also have the first page of the original "that's it where's my shotgun" topic where rick's cat and it's fleas take on our waffle army.

Endo > Octane > Dominus
In west Goomba Village born and raised
Rick
  • In west Goomba Village born and raised
Permalink  •  May 23, 2015, 09:54:45 AM
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2015, 09:54:45 AM »

holy christ now thats what I call memories vol 6

May 3rd 2003 JESUS
Permalink  •  May 23, 2015, 10:05:07 AM
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2015, 10:05:07 AM »

Wow, did Proboards update their CSS? The old forum wasn't that blue. Looks like they broke some of the images too.
i don't care
Draino
  • i don't care
Permalink  •  June 23, 2015, 11:54:13 PM
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2015, 11:54:13 PM »

Oh damn this is a good thread! I like seriousposting.

What are your current interests?
I like my job! I'm an "IT Support Technician" (read: combination sysadmin and desktop support guy) for a small financial company.

My free time is kind of lame though, usually I'm not doing anything more exciting than rewatching the same TV & movies over and over. Sometimes I get to hang with my IRL friends but I wish I had more involved relationships with them.

I still like video games but I've been actively trying to not engage with them to the point where they become my primary interest/timesink. That's why I quit TF2 and League of Legends, although I regularly consider going back to both of them just due to lack of stuff to do with my life ever since I finally got out of college. Still adore Nintendo stuff though; ask me about how many hundreds of simoleons I've spent on amiibos.

Music is still one of my favorite things, still particularly love indie pop/synthpop/new wave, but I've come to terms with the fact that my taste is obscure enough that I will never ever be able to really have good chats about it with anybody IRL. I've found a corner of tumblr that likes the old stuff enough though, and that's rather comforting.

I haven't been regularly internet socializing with internet people since about my freshman year of college, as evidenced by how I drift in and out of POS chat/forums every so often. I lurk tumblr/twitter/SA a lot but I definitely don't actively engage with those or any other internet communities. I'm shy and definitely don't want to deal with bad opinions and online harassment. Lately I've been thinking about how much I miss the online communities I grew up with, though, which is one of the reasons I rejoined the skype chat and am browsing this forum right now as we speak.

What would you say to yourself six years ago?
I was just out of high school six years ago. Geez, can't believe it's been that long. Here are some fun ones:
  • Don't waste time or money with four-year college, go straight to vocational and learn IT.
  • Get on mood stabilizers, because they will straight-up get rid of the depression. Antidepressants never will.
  • Don't let sexual/romantic partners abuse you just because they're very attractive. Especially the one who is your boyfriend for awhile.
  • Get over your guilt about being a nerd. There is a difference between just being an obnoxious and poorly socialized person and being a relatively sociable person with nerdy interests.
  • Find more excuses to talk to people!

What should we all do together?
Break out some casual and accessible multiplayer online games. Especially Jackbox/Fibbage/Drawful. Looking through other stuff in my Steam library, I think we could get some fun out of Monaco, Worms, and those MtG Planeswalker games. Oh, and I want to try Magicka and Gauntlet with other people also.

Wasn't riffing on movies together a thing we used to do? That would be fun to break out, although I don't pirate shit anymore.

Do you have anything to say to a specific POSer?
I regret that I've never stayed involved enough with the POS community long enough to develop friendships with specific people. I would love to remedy that.

POS in general: thank you for not booing me out of the IRC channel a decade ago the first time I came in spouting idiotic 4chan memes.

Actually wait I do want to give a shoutout to Tenda if she's still around. e: personal stuff redacted, but you're still super cool Tenda
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 11:11:44 PM by Draino »
Pages: 1 [2]