POSFriends
make me some furnitures http://thedailypos.org/friends/index.php?topic=1360.new#new

we're drawing pokemon again, maybe
Register |
  (Advanced search)
Pages: [1]
Topic: Weedle Cup Nationals (Pokemon Battle Thread)  (Read 1463 times)
Permalink  •  May 24, 2015, 04:59:51 PM
Weedle Cup Nationals (Pokemon Battle Thread)
« on: May 24, 2015, 04:59:51 PM »

XY is out. ORAS is out. Let's battle some fucking Pokemon, guys!  :weedle:

There are multiple battle types we can have for fun in the land of Pokemon:
  • Single (standard one Pokemon out at a time)
  • Double (two out at a time)
  • Triple (holy shit three out at a time!!!)
  • Rotation (three out at a time, but mechanics are single with the Pokemon up front being the battler and you switch by rotating the field)
  • Multi (three to four players fighting at once as a double battle)

And there are multiple ideas we can go with to make some crazy teams:
  • Standard (plain ol' pick whatever and fight)
  • Monotype (one type for the whole team like a gym leader)
  • Little Cup (pre-evolutions only at level 5)
  • Legendaries (team of 6 level 100 Mewtwos all with megastones)
  • The Most Annoying Team (annoying as fuck Pokemon made to piss other players off)
  • Scrambled (randomized Pokemon)
  • Arbitrary Conditions (only blue Pokemon, only Pokemon taller that 5', only cute Pokemon, etc.)
  • Themed (fossil team, turtle team, Eeveelution team, etc.)
  • Gen-specific (relive the ol' days where everyone had 151 options)

I'm thinking we discuss what kind of battles we'd like to do, get a list of who wants in, and if there's enough, to a little tournament once everyone has their team ready (maybe set a deadline that's generous since we have jobs and social obligations now :erectiledysfunction:). Also, are we all game for breeding/EV training for those who want to do it?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 05:02:00 PM by static2007 »
押忍!
  • 押忍!
  • Precursor
Permalink  •  May 24, 2015, 05:10:09 PM
Re: Weedle Cup Nationals (Pokemon Battle Thread)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 05:10:09 PM »

Draw team: You can only use Pokémon that you contributed to Draw Every Pokémon.

(I haven't Pokémoned since gen 2 so I'm out)

Quote from: SABERinBLUE
I'm straight, and I don't like insinuations that I'm not straight. It's easy to say "not that there's anything wrong with that", but for me, I'm straight, so there is something wrong with me being gay, that being that I'm not gay. I'm proud of being straight and the idea of being gay goes against my biological wiring.
Permalink  •  May 24, 2015, 05:14:16 PM
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 05:14:16 PM »

I'd be into doing this when I actually get around to playing through Alpha Sapphire (Archie and Matt ftw).
My copy of X was stolen so there goes all that work and full pokedex :thumbsdown:

[7:40:34 PM] soaprman: um.... like *flicks hair for a minute straight* i wasnt like... talkin to u

Permalink  •  May 24, 2015, 05:18:17 PM
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 05:18:17 PM »

We'll need to decide if we're using ORAS or XY, since ORAS has some stuff (like megas) that XY doesn't have.

I haven't finished a playthrough of ORAS yet so if we decide to do that, I'll have to finish that up. Which games does everyone else have?
Permalink  •  May 24, 2015, 07:24:52 PM
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 07:24:52 PM »

I'd love to participate if I had any kind of Nintendo system since the Gamecube days...
Permalink  •  May 25, 2015, 04:52:21 AM
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 04:52:21 AM »

I have X, though I'd have to re-learn some stuff. I beat the game and did some breeding for my "ultimate" team, but I never did many online battles.

I also don't know some of the Pokemon types since I didn't play a Pokemon game between the original Ruby and X. I also probably will not get any of the remakes, though I was sorely tempted to get the Gold/Silver ones for a while.

Endo > Octane > Dominus
Permalink  •  May 25, 2015, 09:13:59 AM
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 09:13:59 AM »

Hmm, and I haven't played since Diamond.... seems like most of us are at least a couple generations behind. We might have to just do a Pokemon Stadium 2 tournament witb some pj64 netplay!
Pages: [1]