POSFriends
make me some furnitures http://thedailypos.org/friends/index.php?topic=1360.new#new

we're drawing pokemon again, maybe
Register |
  (Advanced search)
Pages: [1]
Topic: PSA for nerds sitting at the computer late at night: Use f.lux!  (Read 1523 times)
押忍!
  • 押忍!
  • Precursor
Permalink  •  August 06, 2015, 07:58:59 PM

Computer screens are bright.

To be more specific - computer screens use so-called blue light. During the day, this doesn't really matter. Screens are made to shine in a manner reminiscent of the sun.

When it's dark around you, you shouldn't be looking at the sun, though.

That's where f.lux comes in. It automagically adjusts the colour temperature of your screen based on the time of day, so that it will instead use warmer, yellow light when the sun is down.

This legitimately makes the screen much more comfortable to look at during the late hours, and is a thing that is beneficial for your sleep if you go to bed right after being at your computer, which is something that I assume many of us do. I've been using it for quite a while, and it really is a help. I can't say for sure that it's made me sleep better, but it probably has and I just don't notice or remember. It definitely makes using the computer after sundown much less of a strain on the eyes, which can only be a good thing.

So just get f.lux.

Quote from: SABERinBLUE
I'm straight, and I don't like insinuations that I'm not straight. It's easy to say "not that there's anything wrong with that", but for me, I'm straight, so there is something wrong with me being gay, that being that I'm not gay. I'm proud of being straight and the idea of being gay goes against my biological wiring.
Permalink  •  August 06, 2015, 08:28:46 PM
Re: PSA for nerds sitting at the computer late at night: Use f.lux!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 08:28:46 PM »

I heard of this long ago but never got around to giving it a try and forgot about it.

So sure, I'll give it a shot.
Scrow Funk
  • wheres the beef
Permalink  •  August 07, 2015, 06:17:16 PM
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 06:17:16 PM »

F.ucks.

Permalink  •  August 11, 2015, 04:56:33 AM
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 04:56:33 AM »

I heard of this long ago but never got around to giving it a try and forgot about it.

So sure, I'll give it a shot.

Same here, and I imagine I could actually use something like this.

Endo > Octane > Dominus
Pages: [1]