POSFriends
make me some furnitures http://thedailypos.org/friends/index.php?topic=1360.new#new

we're drawing pokemon again, maybe
Register |
  (Advanced search)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Topic: Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold  (Read 11182 times)
Permalink  •  August 25, 2015, 08:12:31 PM
Re: Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2015, 08:12:31 PM »

It's time to rewind things a bit and replay some dialogue we fast-forwarded through!

Here's the dialogue from Regina from right before we named LANDSNAX.

Regina
...But first things first. I may be the granddaughter of the nation's Minister, but I'm a chef before any of that. There's no need for you to put on airs or act respectful for my sake. Just make use of me however you see fit.

Bitch, don't NOBODY tell a LANDSHARK what to do!

Regina
...Touche. Guess I shouldn't have started out by making demands. I apologize. Looks as though I won't have to worry about that kind of thing, at least. Let's get down to business, then. First off, let me give you this.

A recipe book containing popular Western dishes like "hot doge" and "doriot's® nacho cheesier™"

Regina
What I just gave you... yes, those are the deciphered recipes that Apicius left behind. I want you to go and obtain ingredients for me to make coffee. Coffee beans don't really work in High Lagaard's climate, so Apicius created this recipe so people could recreate the taste. I need two ingredients--Rye and Sugar Beet. I'd like you to find some for me from the Labyrinth. According to the recipe, blending these two ingredients together creates a drink that's identical to coffee in taste and scent... Of course, I plan to do my best in order to reproduce Apicius's recipes.

Rye and sugar beets... sounds like a pretty shitass excuse for coffee if you ask me.

She also explains that ingredients I find are stored here instead of in my inventory. I already have the ingredients, by the way...

Regina
With the Rye and Sugar Beets, I can test out this recipe!

no don't

Anyway, I'm shown this and then asked to name the place. That's where we left off. And that's why the Hi Lagaar Coffee [sic] says it's tea in the description.
Permalink  •  August 25, 2015, 08:50:43 PM
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2015, 08:50:43 PM »

But wait, there's more!

We travel back to a time immediately after I said "Let's see what's cookin' in LANDSNAX!"...

[PACKAGEFEST] A Bunch Of Fuckin' Ability Rocks

Regina
It was left here so you could use it however you please, which is why I was carrying it in. I have a message for you from Grandpa as well.

Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention she's Dubois's granddaughter.

calm down fam

Regina
It appears as though the Midgard Library has decided to help the explorers of this nation. These things the Library developed... Grimoire Stones, or something? Anyways, they've been approved for use here. The Grimoire Stones are apparently items that can record the skills of those who equip them. By using these stones, anyone in your party can use anything from healing skills to elemental attacks... It's not really my field, but it sounds like something that could come in handy for explorers like you. I'm not really an authority on anything besides cooking. I mean, I can tell you anything you want to know about gluten. In any case, I've received a number of these for you to use. I'll set up the facility for them here, so do what you want with them.

Obtained Take Grimoire. Obtained Double Attack Grimoire. Obtained Fire Formula Grimoire. Obtained Hypno Bite Grimoire. Obtained Medic Bullet Grimoire.

And we left off from there.

To explain a bit more about Grimoire Stones, they are things you can equip that either level up an existing skill or grant a new skill. They can be obtained either from treasure chests or during battle. Sometimes during battle a "grimoire chance" will appear. If the character who gets it acts that turn, there's a chance that you will get a grimoire that contains either one of that character's skills or one of the skills the target enemy had (yes, you can learn enemy skills this way). I think you can also combine grimoires (or at least you could in EOU). That's really all you need to know. They're basically this game's take on "subclassing" (from EO 3 and 4).
Permalink  •  August 26, 2015, 07:30:48 AM
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2015, 07:30:48 AM »

Grimoire Stones sound kind of like random luckshit but I'll wait until I see them to give my final judgment

also

A tea called coffee made from bread that is sweetened.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 07:34:27 AM by Malik »

[7:40:34 PM] soaprman: um.... like *flicks hair for a minute straight* i wasnt like... talkin to u

Permalink  •  August 30, 2015, 02:55:19 PM
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2015, 02:55:19 PM »

Looks like beasts can also wear the deer hide boots. Seems like there are no vegan armor options for beasts! I'll probably buy these later.

Anyway, there's one little corner of 1F I forgot to visit. Let's take a look!

Wondering what it could be, you look closer and find that it's one of the hedgehogs you see often here. The spines on its back seem to be caught in the roots, preventing it from escaping. This monster usually attacks you on sight... Under most circumstances, it would be safest to leave it where it is. Even if you were to render aid, it would not feel indebted to you--it may even attack out of instinct. You keep that possibility firmly in mind as you decide what to do...

The hedgehog immediately retreats to a safe distance and bristles threateningly. You hardly wish to fight, since you just saved the creature. You keep your weapons sheathed and stare at the hedgehog.  When it realizes that you intend it no harm, the hedgehog scrambles away. Satisfied with your success, you return to the task at hand.

We have Pangoro lick O.Josamma's wounds and carry on.
Pages: 1 2 [3]