POSFriends

This is the only category? => Dungins and Durgins => Topic started by: Space Raton on June 21, 2015, 12:43:38 AM

Title: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on June 21, 2015, 12:43:38 AM
(http://i.imgur.com/ZzdsfYp.jpg)

The best-known adventures of the Crandel Caravan - the Goblin lair in Harken, the Rescue at Rivenroar, the long journey to the Thunderspire and back - have all been small-scale, fairly private expeditions. However, it is not usually the case that the Caravan travels with a single cart and small load of cargo. It's actually much more common for the Crandel Caravan to conduct trips as a true caravan: several wagons loaded with both goods and people. Such journeys are the only reliable way for non-adventurers to make their way from one town to the other in the Nentir Vale, as the roads are significantly less dangerous to larger groups of people.
It's such a journey that your boss, Jebediah "Jeb" Crandel, is currently organizing. The destination is two days away: the farming community of Harken (that's right, the site of your first major adventure). You've spent the last week posting flyers around Fallcrest advertising open seats for passengers (200 gold per person; not exactly cheap, but realistic considering the state of the roads lately), and gathering up outgoing cargo from various familiar merchants.
It is now the night before your departure. The four of you plus Tanya and Jeb are seated in the taproom of the Silver Unicorn Inn, your usual residence in Fallcrest. There's a good-sized crowd in the inn, as a fairly well known half-elf lutist is playing tonight.
Jeb's filling you in on the finer details of the trip you'll be departing on in the morning. In particular, you're looking forward to hearing about the passengers - Jeb typically handles the arrangements for passengers directly, and hasn't yet told you about who's coming along this time.
"Alright, y'all, I know you been dyin' to hear about what kinda passengers we got comin' with us. It's gonna be four people - two pairs of two, really. First two are..." *Jeb coughs loudly* "...a couple o'dwarves. Little bit uh, unusual lookin' for dwarves y'see, but they paid a lil' extra so it ain't no trouble".
Most of you would get the gist of what he's saying - there are frequently "unusual looking" people trying to travel through the Vale, and if you turned all such people away, your group wouldn't have two coppers to rub together.
"Much more interesting is our second pair of passengers! Hoo boy, am I looking forward to this trip. Ya see, one of them is an old friend of yours, Tanya!”
Tanya looks up from a bowl of stew and tilts her head in confusion. “...old friend?”
“Sure! Someone you haven’t seen in a looong time. Well, if you don’t know who it is, it’ll just have to be a surprise! Isn’t that excitin’!”
Tanya frowns and furrows her brow. It appears this is one of the rare moments where she's genuinely perplexed by something. "Old friend? Really, who could that be...?"
Jeb relaxes a bit in his chair, and takes a generous gulp of ale - he seems to be more or less done briefing you on tomorrow's trip. "Well, glad as I am about all that, I was hopin' we'd have more than just four passengers. After all, we're the only caravans headin' south, with Pendergast and Locheed heading east and west this month. Ah well, can't be helped at this point."

[RP your contributions to the conversation. Also, give Wisdom checks.]
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Scrow Funk on June 21, 2015, 04:30:00 PM
Wis: d20+2+2 = 18

"It's nice to take an easy job now and then, but hopefully we can wrap this up quickly. Not too much money to be made out in the boonies."
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Pancakes on June 21, 2015, 05:42:17 PM
Wisdom: 1d20+1= 20

Phaedra sighs and taps her drumsticks against the table in irritation, "Is this going to be another boring hay-ride babysitters club adventure? Why don't we ever go on caravans to the blood marshes? You know we could sell their blood crystals to the hell elves for a million shines right? We'd also have to kill most of them as an added bonus."
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on June 21, 2015, 06:08:38 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/81j7YLG.png)  Wisdom result: 1d20+3+2 = 9

Tanya stops with a spoonful of stew halfway to her face, "Umm... I a-actually read about the Blood Marshes, they're only so named for the blood-sucking mosquitoes that infest them. They're otherwise uninhabited. And if you're referring to Abyssal Elves, there was only ever one of them, and they-" She fumbles the spoonful of stew she'd been ignoring, mumbles an apology, wipes up what she'd spilled, says nothing else.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Rick on June 21, 2015, 06:12:21 PM
Ignoring the blood elf talk Rasputin lifts his head back drinking bowl of stew in seemingly one gulp before waving his dishware at the nearest person to fetch him more. "Odd for dwarves to be heading in that direction boss." pausing to search his helmet for a bit of jerky his glances over his shoulder back towards jeb. "The others?"

(d20+4 = 8)
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: static2007 on June 21, 2015, 08:01:45 PM
Wisdom: 1d20+4 = 18

Chewing on a chicken bone, Ruth searches for even a morsel of meat left to satisfy her hunger. No surprise to the rest of the crew, she also lifts out her plate for a second helping.

"Who cares as long as they're paying? As long as they're not bringing along any talking donkeys."
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Pancakes on June 21, 2015, 08:15:53 PM
Int = 1d20 + 3 = 20

Phaedra glares at Tanya, "You're talking about the Hellf? The Abyssal elf? We should be hunting that rascal down instead of shipping Gimli and Thorin down to the south pole..."
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on June 21, 2015, 10:01:07 PM
Jeb addresses Rasputin and Ruth, who are the only ones speaking directly to him at this point. "Well, I'd love to tell you what kinda business is takin' our passengers out Harken way - but you know we got a 'no questions asked' policy, which all four of 'em were happy to take advantage of. Important thing's I didn't reckon any of 'em would be much trouble - and I got near as good a nose for trouble as the rest of y'all."

Pepe casually glances around the taproom, and notices that a seat near the stairs to the inn rooms is vacant, though he could have sworn there was someone sitting there just a moment ago. Ruth is also looking in that direction, seeming to have noticed the same thing.
Phaedra has her attention fixed elsewhere. Specifically, she's the only one who noticed a person wearing a dark cloak, hood pulled up, who has suddenly appeared just a couple feet behind Jeb.

What does Phaedra do?
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Pancakes on June 22, 2015, 07:04:43 PM
Phaedra suddenly stands up, knocking a bowl of hot ham stew out of a wench's hands and onto a half-elf sitting at the table next to the caravan. She slaps her drum down on the table with one drumstick raised into the air over it. While pointing the other at the cloaked man, She barks out, "Hold it right there, tiny, you're about 20 steps closer to Tex (popular slang for the slow witted, drawling populace of the country of Texylvania) than you ought to be."
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on June 22, 2015, 07:27:15 PM
The half-elf takes 2 points of damage from the hot soup, and lets out a loud yelp. The proprietess, Wisara, glares over from behind the bar and shouts, "Watch where you're spilling things Margie, that's the blessed lutist!"

The cloaked man stops walking, and slowly raises two empty hands. He inclines his head a bit, face now catching some light, and you see that it's not a he at all - it's a woman. She looks at Phaedra with catlike bright-green eyes, gives a thin smile, and says, "I apologize. I shouldn't have approached so... subtly, with such an alert group here. I merely wish to discuss business." She takes a step to the side to more easily converse with Jeb, who'd had to quickly look over his shoulder to see what all the commotion was about. "Business?" he says. "Indeed," says the woman, just now lowering her hands, "did I hear you say you were going to Harken? If so, I would like to make arrangements with you, good sir." "Well," begins Jeb, but the woman cuts in, "in private, if you don't mind." She delicately points toward a darker corner of the taproom, where a table with two chairs sits vacant.

Jeb glances back to the rest of you, and shrugs. What do y'all have to say?
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Rick on June 22, 2015, 07:38:19 PM
Rasputin stands and starts stomping towards Jeb. Once he is behind jeb on the other side of the woman he simply folds his arms and waits. Keeping the boss out of situations of rising tensions and tricks of thieves has always been his business. Rasputin attempts to spot any weapons on the woman such as daggers or other sneak thief nonsense before he steps in any further.

1d20+4 = 12
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on June 22, 2015, 07:52:24 PM
[Spot weapons - background bonus - +2 from Caravan Employee, +2 from Blacksmith]
The mystery woman's long, dark cloak comes back a bit as she points to the empty table. She is dressed in relatively plain traveling clothes. Rasputin notices a medium-length dagger with a curved blade hanging at her side; she wasn't deliberately showing it off, but didn't go to much effort to hide it, either. You don't see signs of her having any other weapons on her person.
She glances up to meet Rasputin's eye (her being at about average human height), but gives no change of expression.
How about the rest of you?
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: static2007 on June 22, 2015, 08:05:40 PM
Glancing back and forth between the mysterious woman and Rasputin, Ruth bites down on her bone absent-mindedly. It crackles, filling the staring contest with awkward munching.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Scrow Funk on June 22, 2015, 08:07:24 PM
Pepe also tries to visually assess what kind of danger the woman might pose. ( d20+2 = 16 ) But unless he spots something alarming, he trusts Jeb to be able to handle his own business.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Pancakes on June 22, 2015, 08:11:06 PM
Phaedra settles back into her chair and relaxes a little. She sizes up the stranger (pint-sized) and takes her demeanor into consideration. Phaedra hasn't been the bar-dwelling type until recently, but she has an ear for a good story, especially one of treachery over money. Phaedra tries to remember if she has heard anything about a cloaked stranger up to shady dealings going around lately.

Int Roll: 1d20+3 = 10.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on June 22, 2015, 08:39:26 PM
Given Pepe's experience as a theif, he knows that a long cloak like that can have all sorts of things concealed in inner pockets (his own cloak holding several shurikens, flint and tinder, loose coins, a bagel, and a dried sample of some "exotic herbs" he won in a card game at the Nentir Inn across town a few days ago but hasn't yet done anything with). There is of course no way of assessing what this lady might have stowed in pockets without getting indecorously close. He doesn't notice any outwardly obvious signs of extra weaponry or danger - and besides, who travels the Vale unarmed these days?
Phaedra had tagged along on Pepe's visit to the Nentir Inn, as she'd heard that on top of cutthroat games of cards, they also wagered drinks on arm wrestling matches. There she bested no fewer than three cloaked strangers who were almost certainly up to shady dealings. Such cloaked strangers, though, are significantly less common in the Silver Unicorn. No recent rumors have been going around this more respectable establishment.

Rasputin and the mystery woman stare each other down for another moment, neither losing their cool. Jeb soon rises to his feet, and speaks to the woman easily - though he stays just slightly behind Rasputin. "You'll have to excuse Rasputin here, he gets a bit protective - but of course, that's what I pay him for! 'Head of Security', I think his title is now." All of your titles are liable to change from week to week, though your actual responsibilities never do. Jeb continues, "So, on that note, I'd be more'n'happy to chat with you about travel arrangements - can even do so in that corner you're favorin' - but we'll just bring Mr. Tesla here along with us. That suit'cha alright?" The woman looks to Rasputin for another brief moment, gives another smile, and says, "Heh. Tough but quiet guy like this in charge of keeping your journeys safe? Suits me just fine. Let's talk." She turns and heads for the corner table, and Jeb and Rasputin follow.

The rest of you are left at your original table. The lutist has now resumed playing, and seems to be improvising the lyrics to a song about a giantess terrorizing innocent folk by throwing hot oil on them. How do you occupy yourselves as Jeb and Rapsutin carry out private negotiations?
[Rick will be PM'd about said negotiations]
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on June 22, 2015, 09:43:21 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/81j7YLG.png) "It sure got noisy in here. So... um... she seems nice?"
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Pancakes on June 22, 2015, 09:54:59 PM
Phaedra replies loudly, "Do you want me to command everyone to be silent? I've been thinking of silencing this lute-player for a while now."
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: static2007 on June 22, 2015, 10:04:23 PM
"Wait, but I want to hear what happens with the people getting roasted with hot oil!"
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Scrow Funk on June 22, 2015, 10:31:55 PM
Pepe is moved deeply by the bard's beautiful music. He attempts to steal the song (d20+4+2+5[BG:Master Thiefsman] = 27)
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on June 22, 2015, 11:40:33 PM
The tempo of the song rises just a bit - the bard seems to be nearing the final verse. At just the moment when the bard would have began to sing, Pepe stands and cuts in with his own lyrics, perfectly matching the rhyme and meter used in previous verses.
"So, wary souls, keep an eye to the hill
For when the giantess next comes down
Her pot o' bubblin' flesh and oil shall spill
On merchant, bard, and all else in the town!"


The bard has had entirely enough of this. He turns around quickly, whipping up his long hair, and stuffs his lute back into its case. There is a bit of applause for Pepe's improvisation, but as the bard hurriedly departs the inn, things quiet down a good bit.
Given this, you are able to hear a distinctive "clink" noise at the table with Jeb, Rasputin, and the mysterious woman - which has so far eluded your attention, but certainly has it now. The latter appears to have put a sack of coins down on their table, which Jeb and Rasputin consider. After a bit more negotiation and some exchange of coin, Jeb shakes hands with the woman. She gets up from the table and promptly heads up the stairs to the second floor of the inn, while Jeb and Rasputin return to your table.
"Well, folks, we done got us another passenger. Not that many details to share at the moment, but this ought to interest y'all..." Jeb reaches into his pockets, produces a handful of coins, and slides five to each of you. The coins are all platinum.
"Now, I recommend y'all get some shut-eye. We got us an early morning tomorrow".

Would you like to further discuss matters before turning in?
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Pancakes on June 23, 2015, 12:52:18 AM
Phaedra crams the coins into her big bag of bird bones and frayed string with a grin. After a few rounds of laying down the backbeat for Pe^2's mythical yarns, she retires to a nearby abandoned badger's dugout to catch some sleep.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Rick on June 23, 2015, 07:37:49 PM
Rasputin picks up Pepe with one arm as he downs another stew bowl with the other.  As he trundles for the rooms with he sneaky friend he strikes up a quiet conversation.  "Lady is paying well but she's got the look of someone on the run to me.  Could come to bite us in the ass.  Gonna need you to be ready to extremely stab her is need be."
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Scrow Funk on June 23, 2015, 07:43:58 PM
"I should have figured. If we're getting paid like this, either someone dangerous is after her or she's dangerous herself. Not much we can do at this point except keep an eye out." Pepe maintains his composure despite being carried like a football.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Rick on June 23, 2015, 07:48:51 PM
"She's paying us to never mention her coming along either. Concerned that someone is gonna find us and ask but foolish enough to think folks whose silence can be bought wont sell that silence later on when she's gone. Theres More platinum in her purse than what we took as well.  What did you get from the look of her? Royal on the run? Thief?" Rasputin slides Pepe right into his cot while only holding on to his head before heading to his own.  "Had some daggers on her but I couldnt catch the make of them."
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Scrow Funk on June 23, 2015, 08:44:26 PM
"She was definitely dressed far too plain for someone carrying that kind of walkin' around money. The more I think about this, the more I think we're heading for *yawn*... trouble." Pepe drifts off to slumber land while clutching his favorite dagger like a teddy bear.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on June 23, 2015, 10:31:29 PM
As the rest of you retire Tanya leaves the inn, heading back to the House of the Sun - she still stays in her original room in the temple when the group is stopped in Fallcrest. She says even less than usual while departing your company, offering no speculation about the strange woman the rest of you are discussing. It seems she's still trying to work out the riddle Jeb set for her earlier.

You all get a good night's sleep. Jeb rouses Ruth, Pepe, and Rasputin somewhat before dawn, so that you have time to make the final preparations for the journey. After a quick breakfast, the group collects Phaedra from her favored dirt lodgings. While crossing town to the stables where your carts and horses are, you see Tanya emerge from the House of the Sun.

(http://i.imgur.com/81j7YLG.png) "Good- *yaaawn* good morning, everyone. I was up thinking last night, and it occurred to me it's been a while since we've been out on a journey with... um... potential for excitement. You know what I mean. Anyway, just to make sure everyone stays safe, I gathered these together. Please take them." Tanya gives each of you one Healing Potion (http://www.13thagesrd.com/magic-items#TOC-One-Use-Items).

Your group reaches the stables. Per routine, you all take up various tasks of un-tarping the loaded carts, double-checking the cargo against a written inventory, ensuring everything is tied down snugly, and hitching up the horses. Jeb busies himself overseeing a bit of everything: "Tesla, tighten these here ropes some- Ruth, that box o' boots you said was missin' is just over here on the wrong cart- Pepe, maybe you oughta stay clear of that particular horse, he seems a mite spooked by ya. Let's get this all in shape, our passengers oughta be arrivin' here any minute. Ah, in fact, I reckon I see a couple of 'em now..."

Looking over toward the path back into town, you see that there are indeed two men approaching the caravan. They're about six feet in height, and dressed... colorfully. They both wear sweaters, floppy bonnet hats, and unusual long skirts - all these garments made from the same rough, noisily plaid fabric. Extending from under their bonnets down to their chins are large, bright orange beards, somewhat but not entirely blending with their very ruddy skin tones. Each man carries a travel sack tucked under one arm, and a bagpipe under the other. They awkwardly manage to raise hands in greeting as they come closer to your group.
"Hello, good morning!" says one man, in a thick accent not entirely unlike that of a native Dwarvish-speaker.
"Yes, hello," says the other, his accent identical, "We are your passengers for the big trip."
"Yes, we go to Harken. Allow us introduce ourselves. My name is MacGruber," says the first man.
"And my name is Lachdanen," says the other.
"We are Dorf!" says MacGruber.
"We are twin Dorf!" says Lachdanen.
"We are very tall for our age!" they both say in unison, and then let out hearty laughs.

Jeb puts his arms behind his back, looks the other direction, and whistles.
How do you greet your new guests?
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Rick on June 23, 2015, 10:42:46 PM
Rasputin raises a eyebrow as he yanks the ropes tighter. "Dorfs huh? Long way from Hammerfast."  Rasputin looks at Jeb with a 'Are you kidding me' glance before sizing up these two dorfs. He looks them over for ANY sign of dwarven clothing, Weapons, or any other jewelry or the like that would set them apart from twin eccentric farmer goofballs.

(1d20+4 = 18 without any bonuses)

Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on June 23, 2015, 10:48:30 PM
Rasputin recognizes that the long, rough skirts the men wear very vaguely resemble a style of dwarvish clothing known as a "kyltte". However, the kyltte has been out of fashion for approximately 500 years.
"Bagpipes" are another piece of obscure trivia from Rasputin's upbringing in Hammerfast. They are a style of musical instrument that was used in a dwarven funeral ceremony - one dwarven funeral ceremony, after which they were outlawed indefinitely.
The only other thing about their appearance that even remotely resembles dwarves is their long, fiery beards - though they have a strange sheen and texture to them that makes them seem dissimilar to, say, actual hair.
The two "Dorfs" do not appear to be carrying weapons of any sort.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Rick on June 23, 2015, 10:51:48 PM
Rasputin leans over to pepe before nodding at the two men and specifically their beards  "Think you can steal those beards sometime? Thats a fake as hell beard"
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Scrow Funk on June 23, 2015, 10:55:53 PM
"Good morning, gentlemen!" Pepe looks up from an inventory list and waves at the strange, towering dworfbeasts. "You all seem to be in high spirits." Pepe eyes the bagpipes nervously and continues. "Feel free to leave your, uh, instruments, with us. We'll make sure they're packed safely with the rest of the cargo."
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: static2007 on June 23, 2015, 11:13:35 PM
Ruth leans over to Rasputin and whispers, "Is that considered racist? I'm getting that 'this isn't politically correct' vibe right now."
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Rick on June 23, 2015, 11:15:09 PM
Rasputin turns to Jeb now and frowns a bit at him. In a deadpan tone he states "It is.  It is racist and I am deeply offended"  He then continues tieing everything together on the cart in a complex shipmans knot
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Pancakes on June 24, 2015, 12:31:05 AM
"Now hold on there tiny," Phaedra says to Pepe, and turns to the two guests, "Those are some fine looking instruments you have there, surely a couple of merriment loving mountain babi... I mean 'dorfs' such as yourselves wouldn't mind playing a few dwarven folk songs for a fellow music lover, would you? We'll be waiting a while for more guests to show up anyways." Phaedra plasters on a very insistent and terrifying smile while trying to coax the two into performing.

Cha roll: 1d20+6 =16
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on June 24, 2015, 02:27:35 AM
The Dorfs look at Phaedra, look at each other, and put on wide grins.
"I think goliath lady wants to hear our pipes!" says Lachdanan.
"I think she does, brother!" says MacGruber.
"Yes, we will glad to play the bag of pipes."
"Yes, we have practiced much on pipes this last week-OW!" MacGruber is cut off as Lachdanan steps on his foot. "-I mean, practiced much our whole lives."
"Yes," says Lachdanan, "We have been raised with much traditional Dorfish culture."
"Now, we play the pipes!"
The twins hand their travel sacks to Pepe, who finds the bags to be surprisingly light. To face the carts, they position themselves directly in front of the wooden building that serves as an office for the stables. They then raise their matching contraptions, press their lips to the appropriate tubes, and begin to play. The sound is horrific, lacking any melody, rhythm, or harmony whatsoever, though the Dorfs try to compensate with sheer volume. The noise causes a nearby cat to begin shrieking, while just across the lane you see a bird nosedive through the window of a small house. You can just barely hear Tanya whine, "Someone make it stoppppp..."
Then, suddenly, it does stop. With a final shrill blast of sound, one of the bagpipes ruptures, with the other one doing the same about a second later. You hear two "thwunk" noises near them immediately afterward. Lachdanan and MacGruber look at each other in amazement.
"Brother! You did burst your bag."
"Yes, brother, and I think you did burst yours."
"How did it happen?"
"We were playing very hard."
"Yes, we played with very much passion."
"Our Dorf prides and spirits were too much to be holding in bags!"
Both Dorfs grin as widely as they had before, and resume laughing to themselves as they walk away from the stable building and hand the deflated instruments off to Pepe. As they do so, you all notice that another person has quietly slipped in among your group. It's the woman from last night, still wearing her same hooded cloak. She walks close to Rasputin, and says softly, "I'm looking forward to a nice, quiet journey." She has her coinpurse in her hand, and gives it a slight jingle as she calmly passes on to the wagons.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Pancakes on June 24, 2015, 08:46:29 AM
With a prideful tear in her eye, Phaedra clasps the dorf brothers around the shoulders, "Now that is what I like to see! Bards everywhere should take note, you MUST overpower the instrument. I feel that Kord above is truly smiling down on you today. Now, let me tell you two all about the time I mastered a trumpet with so much enthusiasm that it ended up scattered across three count..."
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: static2007 on June 24, 2015, 05:44:13 PM
Twisting her finger in her ear, Ruth's eyes gloss over from such a "passionate" duet. After a minute or two of silence, she swivels her head back and forth.

"HUH? DID YOU SAY SOMETHING? WHO SAID SOMETHING?"
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Rick on June 24, 2015, 06:05:13 PM
Rasputin snags the bagpipes out of Pepe's hands and throws them as far as possible. Into a fire if nearby or perhaps that into that Uppity bard from yesterday (strength check 1d20+5 = 23 )

"So am I Alice."  he then turns the the lady with a hand rapping against his sword's sheath.  "So am I."
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on June 25, 2015, 12:06:57 AM
Rasputin hurls the bagpipes with astonishing force. They sail through the air for a couple blocks, and can just barely be seen to land on the front step of the building that is the permanent offices of the Pendergast Caravan. Nobody's home there at the moment, but it's just as well. Earlier this month, Strong Map knocked over the magistrate in charge of the town litter ordinances, so it'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

(http://i.imgur.com/81j7YLG.png) "Hmm... did it seem unusal to anyone else how those awful bagpipes burst? I thought I heard another noise when it happened..."
[Wisdom check: 1d20+5 = 8]
Tanya glances around for a moment, but seems to realize quickly that investigating further might draw enough attention to her for everyone to notice she hasn't helped at all with the carts and cargo. She walks to the rear of the frontmost cart, ready to resume her usual spot nestled between some tall crates, but halts when she hears a loud voice.
"TAAAANYYYAAAA!"
Tanya looks to her side. "U-uncle Jeb, was that you calling for me...?"  Jeb, having just applauded the aim of Rasputin's throw, now cracks an even wider smile as he turns to Tanya. "Sure wasn't. Sounds like our last passengers! Hoo-ee, but ain't you gonna be pleased when you see who's joinin' us!" He slaps a knee jovially.
Tanya turns to the lane from whence the other guests had been approaching. Another loud yell comes.
"TANYAAA! OH TANYA BAY-BEE~!"

What little color Tanya usually has to her complexion now drains completely. "Oh no," she says softly, hands beginning to tremble, "oh no no no no no. It cannot be her, anyone but her..."
Finally, the woman who's been doing all this shouting rounds the corner. There is a glimpse of long brown hair and shimmering black robes, but the woman suddenly bursts into a sprint - headed right for Tanya, arms outstretched.

What do you do??
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Rick on June 25, 2015, 04:48:09 PM
Rasputin steps forward between tanya and the newcomer and puts out his large shield with one hand and with the other he grasps Pepe by the collar. "Defensive plan 16 Peps." 

Rasputin chucks Pepe at the woman (1d20+5 = 23) 
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Scrow Funk on June 25, 2015, 05:12:27 PM
Pepe hollers "STEP AWAY FROM THE NERD!" He tucks into a tactical roll and braces for impact.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: static2007 on June 25, 2015, 05:15:19 PM
"WHO'S THAT? IS SHE MUGGING US?" Ruth pulls out her wand, her ears still ringing.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on June 25, 2015, 07:45:44 PM
The woman is blindingly fast, and upon seeing the halfling get tossed her direction, she attempts an agile dodge. However, Rasputin's throw launches Pepe with such tremendous force that, despite her extreme speed, Pepe collides with her. Both of them are knocked prone, collapsing in a heap together.
Rather than a shout of pain or surprise, the woman lets out an exclamation of delight. "OOH~! I know men throw themselves at me, but this! You really get right to it, don't you honey?" Her speech is accented - not a heavy, near-incomprehensible mode of speech like the Dorfs, but a smooth and decidedly exotic voice. "I meant to embrace little Tanya, but I guess a tumble with you was nice enough~"
She makes no move to extricate herself from Pepe just yet. At this point you're able to get a look at her - quite a look, if you're Pepe. Her tanned face is framed by elegantly curled brown hair, which reaches down to generous hips. Her figure is wrapped in a garment of glossy black silk that could technically be called "robes", though there are several conspicuously placed omissions of material throughout. Upon her nose is perched a tiny, tiny pair of pince-nez; what purpose they serve or how they remain in place, especially through activity like what just transpired, is anyone's guess.
Still on the ground with Pepe, she smiles, looks into his eyes, and says, "so how 'bout it, want to grapple some more little guy?"

What does Pepe do?
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Scrow Funk on June 25, 2015, 08:28:21 PM
Getting to his feet, Pepe dusts himself off. "Sorry about that, lady. We're a little protective of our caster friends." He offers a hand to help the woman up.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Rick on June 25, 2015, 08:39:56 PM
Rasputin gestures at the lady past Jeb and Tanya  "Jeb.  Who is that maniac?" Then after a pause he then just gestures at all the passengers "Who are these maniacs?"  He then takes his helmet off and scratches his head for a moment bewildered "Where did you find these people? I cant imagine we're being paid enou-Phaedra! Put the livestock down you cant keep it! We've had this conversation before!"
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: static2007 on June 25, 2015, 08:57:00 PM
"FUCK HER UP, PEPE!"
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on June 25, 2015, 09:15:03 PM
"I see, the gentlemanly type. Very nice." The woman in the black robes delicately clasps hands with Pepe, her long, red-painted nails brushing his wrist. "Careful, or you might have to put a ring on that..."
Suddenly, there are two more hands reaching down just beside Pepe's. They're red, with strips of orange fiber attached to the backs. Pepe looks up and sees MacGruber and Lachdanan also leaning toward the lady.
"We may help you up too miss!" says MacGruber.
"Yes, we offer ourselves to lovely madam!" says Lachdanan.
She shrugs, grabs one of their hands in each of hers, and briskly steps to her feet - nearly sandwiching Pepe in the middle of all three people in the process.
Finally, everyone takes a step back, the scene around the lady finally taking on some semblance of propriety.
As this is happening, Jeb stops alongside Rasputin and reaches up to clasp a hand on his shoulder. In an easy tone, he says, "We are bein' paid enough, that's the point. Y'all can play along with some goofballs if it's our most lucrative little trip to Harken ever. Trust me, none of 'em'll be any harm-" He glances back to Alice, who has quietly climbed into Tanya's usual semiconcealed spot on the wagon during the excitement, "-well, *cough* most of 'em anyway, y'know. Besides!" he says, now raising his voice so everyone can hear, "This here charmer is our own Tanya's cousin!" He takes a step toward the recent arrival, tips his hat to her, and says to your group, "Everyone, introduce yourselves to Miss Tequila Anime!"
Those of you standing near Tanya can just barely hear her let out a groan.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Pancakes on June 26, 2015, 08:48:22 AM
Phaedra, with large sheep tucked under each arm, gives Tequila a nod and sidles up to Rasputin, "She seems to be distressing the heal baby. I think she may have an anti-eyeware aura on..."
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Rick on June 26, 2015, 04:46:33 PM
Rasputin, still frowning about all of this finally nods. "Better keep them apart or Tanya may end up electing to stay.  Dont want to be caught on the roads without a real healer..." He glances back to Phaedra and then down at the sheep nestled in her arms sleeping away. "No offense."

After a moment he adjusts his helmet back on his head before stepping forward. "Everyone planning to go get on the carts! We're going to be late otherwise!   Think you can handle the horses for one of these carts Phaedra.  They've been antsy around Peps lately"

 Rasputin sticks with Jeb himself whichever cart he chooses to get in
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Scrow Funk on June 26, 2015, 05:26:50 PM
"Speaking of running late, aren't we missing a passenger?" Pepe scans the area for the last goofball.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on June 26, 2015, 11:28:15 PM
"Ya got a point there, Tesla," says Jeb, "We do need'ta be gettin' this here show on the road. But we are missing someone... Tequila, where's that, ah, gentleman friend of yours? You didn't part ways with the poor feller already, did you?"
Tequila grins. "No, no, I just met him a few days ago... why would I leave a man behind so soon, hm?" She looks to Rapsutin and Pepe, adding "...well, I could think of a couple reasons...", and makes a sly wink. "But no, my baby is on his way. He just had to, you know, stop for a moment. Should be coming just now."
There is, in fact, another figure approaching on the path - a tall, muscular one. As he comes closer, you see from his slightly brown skin and sharp, protruding lower teeth that he's a half-orc. There are two travel sacks slung over his broad shoulders. He's dressed in some items of fashion common only in lands far to the south - pants made from a rough, blueish material called "den-ihm", and open-toed leather sandals. The half-orc has an unhurried gait, and wears an easy grin on his face as he approaches the gathering. "'Eyyy, Taqi babe, I made it. Did you wait long?"
Tequila sidles up to him, and wraps an arm around his waist. "No, my Pepito, not too long. After all, I had these nice boys here to keep me company." Pepito scans the group. Rasputin has already proceeded to the frontmost cart, but Pepe and the twin Dorfs have still lingered by Tequila. The half-orc frowns, grits his teeth for a moment, but his expression suddenly pops back to an easygoing smile. "Ohh, I get it. That's real cool man, thanks for lookin' after her, guys." The twins nod enthusiastically. "Yes, anytime sir." "Yes, we look after madam most anytime." "We see you bring bags for her. May we take her bags?"
Pepito rubs his chin while considering this for a moment, then says, "Nah, don't worry about it you guys, you just chill. You there little man!" He looks to Pepe, "You work here, right man? Could you be totally cool and show me where to put these bags? You would be like, the based nugget man if you helped me out with that, man." He hands one of the bulky travel sacks down to Pepe, who notices right away that the half-orc carries a powerful, somewhat sickly-sweet odor to him - which also seems to linger on the bags.
"Oooh," Tequila says, "Are we getting on the carts now?" She scans the three carts that are now lined up, enhorsenated, and ready to go.
After Tequila's arrival on the scene and Rasputin and Pepe's timely distraction, Tanya quietly scooted herself behind the third cart, and is now practically ducking to conceal herself.
(http://i.imgur.com/81j7YLG.png) [Stealth check: 1d20+ 3 = 6]
Tequila, however, catches a glimpse of spectacles poking up from beyond the cart and is over there in an instant. "Tanya babee, I never did get to greet you! It's been so long, come here~~"
After doling out embraces, exclamations, and at least one kiss on the cheek that leaves a bright red mark on Tanya's face, Tequila drags her cousin up into the third cart. "Come on Pepito, come meet my little cousin here!" "Alright Taqi, she seems real cool, I'm comin'! Hey little Pepe-man, ya gotta come join us, you seem super chill too man."
The twins, seeing that their first choice in company is now in an overly crowded cart, settle for riding with the fellow musician who showed them much hospitality.

With that, all preparations for departure are now complete. Jeb takes the reigns of the lead horses, and with a booming "Giddy up!", the Crandel Caravan is now off on their latest journey.

-End of Chapter 1-



-Cart 1-
Jeb
Rasputin
Alice

-Cart 2-
Ruth
Phaedra
The Twin Dorfs

-Cart 3-
Tanya
Tequila
Pepito
Pepe
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: static2007 on June 26, 2015, 11:56:17 PM
"So," Ruth leans closer to the twins, eyes wary. "If you don't mind me asking, why are a couple of dwarves interested in the southeast? Visiting family?" She examines their beards as close as they let them, determined to find the true identity of these obvious posers.

1d20+3(CHA)+3(False Identity) = 16
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Scrow Funk on June 27, 2015, 12:48:16 AM
Pepe considers his new companions and decides to engage the least odious of the two. "So, Miss Tequila, was it?" he says, glancing back towards her. "Jeb said that you were an old friend of Tanya's. Did you grow up in Fallcrest?"
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on June 27, 2015, 01:13:08 AM
Close exami- well, not even that close of examination really, you just- they are thoroughly Azkelak and Katal.
One of their tails appears to have come unraveled from beneath their kyltte, and it's making you a little uncomfortable.
"Ah, hello demon lady!" says MacGruber (aka Azkelak).
"Hello, yes, your demon kind is very frightening to our Dorf people," says Lachdanan (aka Katal).
"Anyhow, is no matter. Yes, we are heading down to Harken."
"Indeed, we hear of great business opportunity there."
"We maybe tell you two about it..." says MacGruber, leaning a bit closer, "if you promise you not tell nobody."


"Oh, Fallcrest? No, no, sweetie, I only stop in once in a while. Not enough hustle and bustle for Tequila's tastes, you know. I haven't been by this part of the world in, oh, years now, not since me and Tanya were little girls. You remember my last visit, don't you Tanya?" Tanya's cheeks begin to go red - though part of that might be the lipstick she hasn't completely succeeded in wiping off. "Y-yes, I remember it. So, there's no need to go into any details. At all." Tequila throws her head back and laughs. "Oh, Tanya, I thought you'd be a little less shy by now. Though I guess if you're running around the Vale with friends like this, maybe you have changed - a little." "Woahh, Taqi, you didn't say you'd been around this place before!" says Pepito. "Well hey, maybe you know about this plant I just saw, it's some kinda weird species they don't have back home..." He reaches over the side of the moving wagon and plucks the leaves of a tall plant that's growing toward the road, then hands them to Tequila. As they examine them, Tanya leans close to Pepe and says quickly in a low voice, "Look, I want to explain about her. We call her my 'cousin' for convenience. I've studied my family tree for years, and the biggest mystery on it short of the King himself is Tequila. Nobody's ever determined exactly how she fits in to the family; the only thing I've figured out for sure is that her birth was downright impossible without time travel being involved."
"Aw man!" says Pepito, stuffing the leaves unceremoniously into his bag, "so that's not the stuff we were looking for, huh? Ah well, I'm still sure we'll find plenty where we're heading. Hey little bro man, you know anything about the plants around here? I'm actually a trained herbalist."
Now it hits you, Pepe - this is the same guy you beat at cards a few nights ago at the Nentir Inn. You probably didn't recognize him since that taproom is extremely shady in the literal as well as the figurative sense. Not to mention your winnings weren't very memorable - he's the one who offered up nothing but a small pouch of vaguely-identified dried herbs. On the flip side, it doesn't seem he's recognized you at all.


"So, uh, miss Alice," says Jeb, attempting to strike up a conversation with the still-hooded woman in the first cart, "you know these parts well?"
"Nope," she says, "just passing through."
"I see. Well then, do you come from-"
"Mr. Crandel. I don't know if I made myself entirely clear earlier, but, I'd appreciate no personal questions."
Jeb sighs. "Yeah, I reckoned as much. Well, that ain't nothin' we ain't dealt with before. Still feels odd for us to be the only silent ones in this here wagon train - d'you mind if we tell you a bit about us?"
She considers for a moment. "I suppose that would be fine... so long as your stories don't require any shouting."
Jeb laughs. "Naw, not much. Tesla, you're one for spinnin' yarns, why don't you tell her a bit about all the different kinds'a heck you've led the group through?" He gives Rasputin a quick wink.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Scrow Funk on June 27, 2015, 02:00:21 AM
Pushing aside Tanya's worrying explanation for the time being, Pepe turns to Pepito. "Trained herbalist, eh? I'm not much of a fan of fruit picking and weed pulling and what have you, so I can't tell you much about the plants around here." Pepe takes a moment to try to remember what the hell kind of farms Harken even has.

Knowledge (Farms): d20+2-1 = 10

"I... I have it on good authority that Harken is famous for its bountiful mumbletrees and fresh-off-the-vine *coughing, looking away*"
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Pancakes on June 27, 2015, 12:31:29 PM
Phaedra is more than happy to make 'promises' to the two Dorfs, "We'd never tell anyone, we don't even like to talk, right Red Baby?"

Cha Roll (1d20+6 = 12)

"Err, well, I mean you love to shout a lot... and I'm always telling stories of our exploits, but other than that we'd never tell a single soul... So you can totally trust us."

Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Rick on June 27, 2015, 04:52:43 PM
"Saved Fallcrest once.  Place got hit by a raiding party of Hobgoblins all centered around a fire tossing ogre." Rasputin lights up a pipe and  handles the horses as they round the southern pass.  "Peps distracted the big guy long enough for me to get close.  Knocked him down in one charge." Rasputin looks on at Pepe's thousand yard stare on his cart and then shakes his head.  He then makes a note to make sure Pepe doesnt purposely crash his cart due to the passengers constant gibbering.

"I have a habit of taking uppity people down a peg so to speak."
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on June 28, 2015, 03:34:53 PM
"Yeah man, I'm all about them 'bountiful trees', for sure." Pepito throws his head back and lets out a hearty laugh. "Nah, little man, it's cool if you don't know nothin' about plant. That's kinda why I'm around, y'know, I love to educate dudes about stuff. I know all about the good stuff, man. See, lemme show you.." He reaches into a pocket and produces a bundle of herbs identical to the one Pepe received before. "You take some of this stuff, and you-" "No, no he doesn't." Tanya's suddenly sitting fully upright, a rare but not unprecedented stern look on her face. "I also know about that stuff, and as the de facto medical advisor for this caravan, I will not allow you to distribute any." Tequila rolls her eyes, and mutters, "Oh dear, here we go..." Pepito stiffens, a stunned look on his face, as Tanya continues, "There's shaping up to be enough distractions on this trip as it is, without that... stuff going around to muck people's brains up." The bundle remains sitting in Pepito's outstretched hand, his expression now becoming a frown. "Hey man, why you gotta be talking like the man, man?" "Because you show up here and try to-" "ENOUGH, both of you!" booms Tequla's voice, startlingly forceful. "Pepito, honey, I told you this wouldn't be the right place for that. We're Tanya's guests right now, you gotta listen to her ok?" Pepito lets out a low growl. "And Tanya, please forgive my sweetie Pepito. He does... 'business' in other corners of the world, this is like instinct for him. Let's let the plants be and just get along for the next couple days, ok?" Tanya crosses her arms. "Well... if we don't hear any more about the plants, yeah." Tequila smiles gently. "Good. I want my sweetie boy and my sweetie cousin to be friends. And I haven't forgotten you there either, Mr. Moustache~" She turns her gaze to Pepe, and gives him a wink. "And I have something much more pleasant to discuss now. I see that you and Tanya sit quite closely there. My practiced eye did not miss her whispering to you earlier, either - and now she looks out for you so closely as, ah, 'medical advisor'. So, since Tequila sees so much already, I think you can tell Tequila how it really is with you two - hmmmm?" Tanya blushes incredibly deeply, and begins to stammer "I-I-I-that-no-" Tequila makes a "shhh" noise and puts a finger to her crimson lips. "I want to hear what the gentleman has to say~"


[Phaedra receives a bonus to her Charisma check with the twins for the warm bonding over musicianship earlier.]
Lachdanan nods happily. "Yes, Miss tall-drum, we know you to be one we can trust."
MacGruber does the same. "Yes, and you too demon-lady, your kind scares Dorf but maybe we think you are not too bad."
"So look, we hear of great opportunity near town of Harken."
"Yes, see, we want to start our own business."
"We hear story in many bar-room that there was a Goblin lair near Harken." The left side of Lachdanan's beard slides down his face slightly, and without looking, he casually corrects it.
"Yes, and some weeks ago, brave adventurers killed all the Goblins!"
"Yes, they were heroes of the Harkenwold."
"But now Goblin lair sits empty."
"So, we think, maybe we go in there. See if there is not treasure adventurers missed."
Macgruber wrings his hands excitedly, significantly loosening the attached strips of hair. "And then, since is such popular story throughout the Vale..."
Both brothers look at each other and put on wide grins. Together they say, "Tourist attraction!"
"Yes, we put up signs, they say 'See where the Bramble Company killed all Goblins! Only 5 gold!"
"Was maybe not all Goblins, but will be good for bringing people in."
Lachdanan strokes his vibrant beard thoughtfully. "We think that was their name, Bramble. Is what we heard in the stories."
"So! What do you think of plan?"


Alice listens calmly to Rasputin's story, raising an eyebrow when he gets to the part about knocking down an ogre. "My my, that's quite a-"
"ENOUGH, both of you!" comes the shout from the last cart. Alice gives a dark frown. "I suppose the idea of a silent journey's out the window."
Jeb turns his head slightly, still keeping one eye on the road. "Yeah, sorry 'bout that Miss. If I'd known you wanted perfect peace and quiet, I'd'a told you to wait for one of our smaller-scale trips. Seemed like you also needed to get where you were goin' quick, though."
Alice loosens a little, sitting back in her seat. "I understand, Mr. Crandel. I suppose I've just been very anxious this whole time. It probably would be best for me to relax a bit at this point, being in Mr. Tesla's capable care." She gives what looks like the first earnest smile you've seen out of her. "Especially since I seem to have him half-convinced I'm going to stab and burgle the entire party in the middle of the night. Really, I'm not that kind of cloaked vagrant. Now please, continue your story- I really was enjoying it."


(http://i.imgur.com/o9tPZEF.png)
As mentioned, the trip to Harken is a two-day journey. You've nearly reached your stopping point for today (indicated with the X). It's the place where the  White River comes closest to the King's Road. It's served as your resting point on previous journeys to and from Harken, with a fairly well-sheltered forest clearing not far from the road. It'll be time to stop and make camp very soon now!
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Pancakes on June 28, 2015, 04:07:17 PM
"This is a great idea. You can even capture some stray Goblins and have the children fight them in the ring of honor. I'd love to meet these Bramble folks and sing a song about their exploits..." Phaedra dreams up some business ideas with the Dorfs as the carts pull up into their resting spot. Hoping to spot a handful of bandits or ogres hiding in the bushes ready to fight, Phaedra looks over the clearing carefully.
Wis Roll: 1d20 + 1 = 7.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Rick on June 28, 2015, 04:35:38 PM
Rasputin keeps a eye on Tanya's cart before speeding the horses along to their upcoming destination. "Worlds full of people who would do harm to folks like us for nothing more than the food we're carrying. Still if you arent that sort then I feel for you. If your concerned you're being followed I'd say try and make you way through the mountains south of Dawnforge range. Mithralfast is tough going but theres a port town past it to get you out of Nerath and they generally dont ask questions."

 He then takes a moment to slow the horses now as they round their way into the king's road.  It'd be a good spot for a ambush if someone wanted to try.  (wis d20+1 = 10  I would like to bring in my caravan guard experience to help with that bad roll tho)

"Miss if I should be watching for something specific for whatever reason it'd be nice to know"
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Scrow Funk on June 28, 2015, 04:54:10 PM
Pepe attempts to alleviate Tanya's abject misery. "Tanya's a good friend, and I trust her with my life. She's brought me and the rest of the caravan back from the brink of death more times than I can count." Pepe's visage darkens as he turns to Pepito. "And that's why, if whatever you're holding can make her produce that kind of reaction, I'm inclined to take her seriously. I think you and I are gonna have a chat once we circle the wagons."

Intimidate: d20+2+2 = 16
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: static2007 on June 28, 2015, 08:00:25 PM
"Treasure? Do you happen to know what kind of treasure they have there?" Ruth does her best to not drool at the idea of free cash in a cleared-out dungeon. The two brothers have proven cowardly in the past. Could be easy enough to scare them off and take it in the name of Crandel Caravan.

1d20+3(CHA) = 18
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on June 29, 2015, 02:05:24 AM
Pepito stuffs the pouch of herb back into his pocket. "Okay man, jeez, you don't gotta take this so serious... I-I was just playin' around, you know... bro... man." He seems to shrink slightly as he says all this, eyes nervously darting back and forth between Pepe and Tanya. Tequila puts her hands on her hips and, with a significant frown on her face, tells him, "You just be quiet now, Pepito. Oh, but I thought this trip was gonna be fun. Listen boys, I'm gonna catch up with Tanya here, ok? Now Tanya sweetie..." Tequila turns to her cousin and asks a few significantly milder questions about the day-to-day of Tanya's life, which the cleric answers readily enough, seeming to calm her down. As the King's Road winds into the Brightmoon Forest, the two cousins finally relax into chatting comfortably. In the few instances where Tequila briefly speaks of her own life, she mentions having been in very distant places, many of which you've never heard of. Meanwhile, Pepito just quietly sulks in the corner.

Before much longer, the White River comes into view, foam swirling on its banks in the wake of the steady current. The twins enthusiastically agree with and make notes about Phaedra's suggestions for their Goblin lair. They inform Ruth that they're not sure what sort of riches they'll find there, but they're going to sniff out any treasure with their "dorf buried-treasure-sniffing noses".
Up in the first cart, tensions seem to ease somewhat between Rasputin and the cloaked guest Alice. "I appreciate your advice about the eastern mountains, and I'll certainly keep it in mind. For now, though, it's necessary that I travel through Harken." While she's saying this, Rasputin makes a few cursory glances into the trees immediately north of the road, but notices little besides birds and the occasional squirrel. "I'm glad you're being cautious," says Alice, "But I don't think you mentioned any experience with deep forests in your list of accomplishments. I'll keep my eyes open, too... if it makes you feel better."

Soon, a path appears branching off to the left of the King's Road, and Jeb steers the caravan on to it. This is, as mentioned, your usual stopping point on the Fallcrest-Harken journey. The wagons proceed on a winding track into the trees for a couple hundred feet, at which point a clearing opens up.
It's a circular area, about a hundred feet across. There's a large firepit that was dug out long before even your first visit to this spot, and has served you well in the past. To one side of the clearing is a stream that runs south out of some deeper place in the forest, and connects to the White River. The water in this stream is clear and fresh, perfect for filling one's canteen.
The wagons are circled around the perimeter of the clearing. Some of you begin collecting firewood, not as concerned about the quantity or quality of it as other campers might be, since starting and maintaining a fire is essentially trivial with a skilled wizard on hand. Others begin unpacking bedrolls, or the food that'll be prepared once the fire's going.
While rooting around for firewood, Phaedra spots footprints leading from some nearby bushes. She identifies them as being made by ogres, and alters the rest of the group. When the others come to check it out, Phaedra has to be informed that the tracks were actually made by rabbits. "Your, um, sense of scale for other living creatures is always going to be a bit off, isn't it..." says Tanya.
By the time the sun sinks under the treeline, a campfire is crackling away, and a number of meats and vegetables (kept in an icebox on the front wagon) are set to roasting. All of your group and most of the guests gather around the campfire, conversing easily. The only exceptions are Pepito, who sits near Tequila but remains more or less silent, apparently still shaken up from the harsh talking-to he received from Tanya and Pepe earlier. Alice chooses to sit on a flattish rock several feet back from the fire. She doesn't share from the hot food being prepared, but rather just chews on some sort of biscuit she produced from her cloak. Regardless of this, Tequila and the Dorfs are in high enough spirits, encouraging an exchange of stories to while away the remaining bit of time before everyone gets to sleep.
Tequila tells a very dramatic, action-packed tale of an adventure she had on a southern continent, which ultimately culminated in her meeting Pepito. Despite that fact, the story makes the half-orc even more uncomfortable than he already is, since the events leading up to their meeting involved Tequila having varied encounters with at least three other men - the nature of those encounters being heavily obscured at Tanya's insistence. The Dorfs tell of their exploration of an underground complex called "The Fountain of Hell-mans", which sounds remarkably similar to your own adventure in the Well of Demons, though they insist that it definitely is not the same place.

*[did we ever even figure out who cooks in this group?? I can tell you it ain't tanya, she's bad at cooking]
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on June 29, 2015, 09:33:25 PM
"Well, I got a story to tell," says Jeb, "and it's about this here forest." Tequila, being largely unfamiliar with this region, shows interest. Alice glances toward Jeb, but says nothing. "Yep, I been drivin' carts around the Nentir Vale for quite a time now, so I've picked up a local legend or two. This one has to do with where the forest got its name, 'Brightmoon'. Folk 'round Harken say that those who enter this forest during a full moon return with some mighty fantastical stories," Jeb raises his bushy eyebrows, his tone showing that he's enjoying putting in some dramatic flair, "if they return at all." Those of you who look up to the night sky can see that, sure enough, there's a full moon coming in and out of view behind the slowly drifting clouds.
(http://i.imgur.com/81j7YLG.png) (Knowledge check: 1d20+6+3 = 19) "Hehe, yes, I've heard such stories before. Some very fantastic tales, indeed. One traveler who got lost in these woods swore that he'd seen a tree that was hundreds of feet tall. That's absurd, of course, obviously we'd be able to see something like that from the road." Jeb smiles warmly. "Well, you might have a point... but just 'cause you don't see something like you think you should don't mean it ain't out there. Them other tales they tell were even more interesting - you hear the one about the yella-colored swamp?" "I- think there was a geography text that postulated a swamp deep in this forest, but nothing about it being yellow", says Tanya with a slight giggle. Jeb continues, "That's what they say, though! Some merchant a few years back told that story, and apparently had something to show for it. Son of a gun got stinkin' rich selling a whole packful of Queselium." Most of you haven't heard of this "Queselium", and Jeb knows it. "It's miiiighty rare stuff. Never actually seen any myself- heck, don't even rightly know what it is. All I've heard is it's supposed to be some kinda delicacy in high-class cuisine. Point is, someone arranged an entire airship journey from Skalgard to trade with the sun-of-a-gun who pulled a bunch of it out of this here forest." "Oooh," says Tequila, "That's an exciting journey, getting from Skalgard to here. Why don't you go looking for some, if you think it would be so good for trading?" Jeb shakes his head. "Nawww, I been mighty tempted, but I reckon it's too risky even for us. Last couple fellers who got that same idea never did come back outta the woods, and they was well-seasoned travelers too. We'll stick to collecting generous fares for the journey past the forest, for now."

Jeb starts to laugh, but stops short when there's a rustling noise from some nearby bushes. "Wh-what's that?" says Tanya. Alice quickly steps to her feet.
With no other preamble, a man emerges from behind the cover of some shrubbery (which your group had checked about forty minutes ago, but not since then). He is dressed in leather clothing, plus a chainmail vest over his shirt. He also wears a slightly incongruous plate helmet, shaped with a peculiarly oversized protrusion over the nose and mouth. He also carries a shortsword in his right hand, pointing it in the direction of your group. "This is a holdup!" he shouts, almost as soon as you can see him. He's immediately followed by four other men, all dressed in identical armor - with the exception that the two who emerge last from the bushes carry crossbows rather than swords. "Hand over all your valuables, or we'll slaughter the lot of you and then take your money!"
Jeb looks startled for a moment, but then just smiles. "Five common bandits just strollin' out of the bushes? You boys must not'a ever heard of the Crandel Caravan! You know what to do, fellers!"

Indeed you do - roll for initiative!
(An encounter map will be provided next post.)
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: static2007 on June 29, 2015, 09:43:07 PM
Ruth whips out her wand, already on-hand from keeping the fire going.

1d20+2(DEX) = 21
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Rick on June 29, 2015, 09:47:45 PM
 (Init 1d20+2 = 5 whoops)

Rasputin just finally got comfy in his position near the carts so he is as slow as ever to his feet. After he stretches lazily he picks up his sword and shield from the cart and starts for the loudmouth in front.  "This is your one warning. Give US your stuff and then get lost or I'll make a neckless out of your eyes and teeth" (intimidate cha 1d20+4 = 23)
 
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Scrow Funk on June 29, 2015, 09:56:44 PM
Pepe hops up and mentally switches gears from campfire storytime to bloodthirsty murder-fugue. It doesn't take long.

Init: d20+2+4 = 12
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Pancakes on June 29, 2015, 10:18:31 PM
Phaedra pops up from the orge bush she had been checking for queselium a few yards away from the bandits, "YOU DARE ROB THE CRANDEL MURDER CARAVAN? YOU HAD BETTER APPEASE ME WITH FINE GOODS BEFORE I STRIP YOUR FLESH FROM YOUR BONES!"

intimidate: cha: 1d20 + 6 = 25
init check: 1d20 + 2 = 17
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on June 30, 2015, 01:53:24 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/L7ofTKt.jpg) (http://i.imgur.com/W6V8VBE.jpg)
(Click for high-res)
[The bandits are labeled A through E for ease of reference. A, B, and C are wielding swords, while D and E wield crossbows.]

The bandits hesitate slightly when Rasputin and Phaedra threaten them. "We're- ah- we're here to take your stuff and that's what we're gonna do!" They don't stop advancing, but they do take a -2 to initiative.

(http://i.imgur.com/81j7YLG.png) (Initiative: 1d20+1 = 18) "Oh dear, do we really have to-" "Ooooh Tanya, your group's gonna protect us~? Tequila wants to see what kind of powers you've learned! Go get 'em!" "Um, I'm usually not first to-" *Tequila shoves Tanya in the direction of the bandits*

The first to actually act, though, is Alice. She swiftly reaches to her back and produces a short bow and bundle of arrows - very cleverly concealed to have gone unnoticed under her cloak. Despite being at a significant distance, she fires an arrow without hesitation. It weaves past Tanya, Ruth, and Rasputin, sinking into the shoulder of Bandit A, who takes 8 points of damage. "These bandits picked a bad time to startle me..."

Positioning: Everyone is Close to the bandits, except Alice, who is Close to the party but Far Away from the bandits.

It is now Ruth's turn.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: static2007 on June 30, 2015, 09:41:09 PM
Not one to stand up front, Ruth scoots herself away from the intruders. She positions herself near the closest wagon before she snaps her wand to attention. With a flick of the wrist, she casts Color Spray at her enemies.

Her spells hits 1d4 = 4 of the group, blasting all but lucky little C man. Not only does she blast most of the crowd, but her spell

1d20+9 = 28 MD
1d20+9 = 14 MD
1d20+9 = 20 MD
1d20+9 = 21 MD

slices through their psyche and they experience all the colors of the rainbows in their face. The equality movement is too much for their tiny brains, causing 2d8+2 = 9 psychic damage.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on June 30, 2015, 10:51:10 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/67fgnSn.jpg) (http://i.imgur.com/JOgFWpU.jpg)
Ruth has moved next to the nearest cart. Jeb does the same. "I'll be in my advisory position as usual, fellers!"

Bandits A, B, D, and E all take 9 psychic damage from Ruth's attack.

Tanya grasps the holy symbol hanging at her neck. "If we have to use force, I'll offer this support as usual..." (Attack - Astral Seal: 1d20+8 = 25 vs. PD). The outline of the Astral Seal materializes around Bandit A.

Initiative:
Alice   Ruth   Tanya   >Phaedra<   Pepe   Rasputin
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Pancakes on June 30, 2015, 11:37:50 PM
Phaedra whips her drumsticks through the air and conjures up a frantic beat that fills her companions with the courage of heroes. The driving rhythm gives them all an edge in combat against the bandits who all have two left feet and have painful memories of always being ignored at school dances.
(Song of Heroes: Nearby allies gain +1 to attack rolls)

In time with the beat, Phaedra unleashes a deafening roar in Bandit D's direction (Battle Chant).
Attack: 1d20+6 vs MD = 18 for 1d6+5 = 8 thunder damage.
The ferocity of the shout fills Pepe with energy, and makes him feel like he could sprint a mile without rest. (Move as a free action).
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Scrow Funk on July 01, 2015, 07:57:18 PM
Pepe acts fast to keep up the offensive. He reaches into his cloak and pulls out the latest trinket he bought from the shady-ass exotic goods shop that sells him his shurikens! He throws it to the ground and...  (Shadow Walk: d20+4 = 8 vs MD, Target: enemy with highest MD) ...the smoke ball smolders on the ground. "...Probably should have field-tested these things."

Only slightly discouraged, Pepe scurries over to scoundrel with the Astral Seal hovering over his head and swings for his kidneys ( d20+6 = 23 vs AC;  2d8+4+1d7 = 14 damage).
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on July 01, 2015, 09:18:11 PM
Pepe's attack staggers the bandit. He's bleeding profusely from his two deep wounds. "Aw heck," says Bandit B, "these guys are really tough!" One of the crossbow bandits behind him says, "Shut yer snout, we got a job to do here!"
The two crossbow bandits raise their weapons and fire.
Bandit D shoots at Pepe. His arrow hits, and does 5 points of damage.
Bandit E shoots at Phaedra, but his shot misses.

Tequila Anime watches the opening of this battle with a smile on her face and a glimmer in her eyes. "Come on Pepito! Put those big muscles of yours to work, honey~!" Pepito shuffles uneasily where he stands. "Uh, uh, I forgot my axe at home...!" "Ugh," says Tequila, "Well I'm not missing out on the fun! Lemme finish that guy for you, my little L'Orange!" Tequila suddenly dashes straight for Bandit A. As she's running, she raises a fist, which bursts into flame. There's then a bright crackle of electricity around the fire, which then turns blue and begins radiating what look like small snowflakes just as she reaches the bandit. She drives the fist into his gut, which causes his chainmail to frost over and shatter. He crumples to the ground in a heap. "Yay, Tequila did it~" She high-fives Pepe, her hand feeling extremely cold.

The two remaining sword bandits do a double-take. The crossbow bandit who barked an order earlier says, "Ha, one of their magic-types rushes in! Now's our chance to really distract 'em, boys!" Bandits B and C each grab one of Tequila's arms! She looks back and forth between them, expressionless for a moment. She then shouts, "OH NO! They've GOT ME!" The bandits then use their movement to begin dragging Tequila back towards the woods from whence they came. She slides along in their grasp. "Heeellllllp~~~"

(http://i.imgur.com/aa1J1Q6.jpg) (http://i.imgur.com/0mst8Gx.jpg)

Initiative:
Alice   Ruth   Tanya   Phaedra   Pepe   Bow Bandits   Sword Bandits   >Rasputin<
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Rick on July 01, 2015, 09:37:50 PM
"Oh for the love of-" Rasputin takes a swipe at the bandit as Anime is dragged past (skilled intercept 1d20 = 5) but the swing is ducked under by the bastard in question.

"You arent going anywhere pal!" (melee basic 1d20+5 = 10)  Rasputin glances to the side just as he swings distracted by Phaedra's new battle song as the blow sails over the sword guy's head  "I told you to leave the sheep back in town!"
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on July 01, 2015, 10:07:33 PM
Rasputin is now engaged with bandits D and E, the crossbowmen. As he steps up, ineffectually flailing his sword, he catches a glimpse of the dead bandit on the ground and notices a fuzzy brown tail extending out from his leather trousers.

"Taqi, no!" Pepito now takes notice of what's going on. He begins to hustle around the campfire, only to find the brothers are alongside him. "These badmans try to take lovely lady!" "We say we'd help her, maybe we do so now!" However, the brothers and Pepito aren't really watching each other, all try to round the campfire and the wildly drumming Phaedra at the same time, and end up tangling and tripping to the ground all in a heap.
Suddenly, you all hear a sharp whistle. It seems to have come from the woods across the stream. Alice turns abruptly as soon as it's heard. Ruth, Jeb, and Tanya can hear her say, "Lorilyn?" The whistle sounds again, closer this time. Alice peers into the trees, then exclaims "It is you!" She then dashes for the stream, leaps across it using some protruding rocks, and continues running right into the woods.
"What the...!" shouts Jeb, who'd been watching her. "Aw damn, first these clowns nab Tequila, and now our highest-payin' passenger runs off - with half her fare!"

(http://i.imgur.com/Vjux65q.jpg) (http://i.imgur.com/ImONgoM.jpg)

Initiative:
>Ruth<   Tanya   Phaedra   Pepe   Bow Bandits   Sword Bandits   Rasputin
Escalation: +1
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: static2007 on July 02, 2015, 09:02:53 PM
Ruth aims for the clear-shot target of Mr. D, tapping her wand until a speckle of frost grows over the tip. She uses Ray of Frost against him, 1d20+9 = 13. If the blue bolt makes contact, it'll freeze the poor bastard and supply 3d6+2 = 15 cold damage.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on July 02, 2015, 09:22:59 PM
The bandit narrowly dodges the ray of frost.

Tanya looks startled as Tequila rushes by her to jump into the melee, and even more so when her cousin is grabbed by the bandits. "How were they able to-?" She shakes her head abruptly, and says, "Anyway, we have to help her! Rasputin, do your best!"
Tanya casts Bless on Rasputin, granting a +2 to attack rolls until the end of the encounter.

Initiative:
Ruth   Tanya   >Phaedra<  Pepe   Bow Bandits   Sword Bandits   Rasputin
Escalation: +1
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Pancakes on July 03, 2015, 10:37:13 AM
Phaedra keeps the beat going as a number of unfortunate events unfold around her (1d20 = 14).  She unleashes another roar at the unfortunate Bandit D (1d20+6+1= 21 vs MD, for 1d6+5 = 10 thunder damage) and motivates Pepe to move again with a disappointed glare.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Scrow Funk on July 03, 2015, 12:39:30 PM
Pepe takes out another smoke ball and hurls it to the ground... (Shadow Walk: d20+4+1 = 7 vs MD) "I'm starting to think these weren't worth the 20 gp I paid for them." He forgoes the fancy tricks again and just tries to backstab the Bandit D distracted by Rasputin. (Melee Basic:  d20+6+1 = 19;  2d8+4+d7 = 21 damage).
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on July 03, 2015, 04:37:49 PM
Pepe drives the dagger into one of the bandits who is facing down Rasputin, slicing through a presumably important segment of his spine. Bandit D is slain!

Bandit E, still with an angry Rasputin in his grill, snarls loudly. "You're tougher than you look, but I just need to slow you down!" He drops his crossbow, then uses a quick action to abruptly yank his helmet off his head. You immediately see the reason for their helmets' peculiar shape. The bandit has a long, whiskered snout - not to mention two large, round, fuzzy ears. You've seen the type before: Wererats!
The bandit bares sharp teeth, and lunges into a bite at Rasputin's shoulder. However, the teeth don't manage to puncture Rasputin's tough armor. The bandit snarls again in obvious fury.

Meanwhile, the other two bandits behind him continue deeper back into the forest, moving surprisingly quickly with Tequila in tow. "Heeeelllllpppp!" comes her cry, growing more distant by the moment.

(http://i.imgur.com/ut0jgZz.jpg) (http://i.imgur.com/22dHvEt.jpg)

Escalation: +1
Status Effects: +1 attack for allies near Phaedra, +2 attack for Rasputin from Bless
Initiative:
Ruth   Tanya   Phaedra  Pepe   Bow Bandits   Sword Bandits   >Rasputin<
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Rick on July 03, 2015, 08:56:41 PM
Rasputin backs up from the biting werefreak and puts a hand down grabbing his halfling friend by the scruff of his collar. "DEFENSIVE PLAN NUMBER 14! PEPE TOSSSSS" (Pepe Toss  1d20+9 = 28 vs AC)

With a astounding display of might Pepe disappears out of Rasputin's hand the moment he lets go. The sound of a thunderclap rings out as Pepe reappears impacting into the bowman holding the fair lady. Pepe magnificently kicks the man in the face but the absurd speed of the toss twists his tiny ankle a small bit as he lands a perfect pirouette (http://i.imgur.com/n8XgYTx.png) STYLISH!(3d6 = 11   half damage to Pepe)

"Pepe fuck them up! Taco grant him sneak attacks!" Rasputin spins on his heel looking back at his other party members "Ruth tail that broad! Take Alakazam and Kabal with you!"He points at the dorfs arranging their fake as shit beards "  Phaedra to if you can talk her into it!" he then points at a wildly drumming madwoman tub-thumpin' away.  Finally he turns back to the Wererat with intent. 

"I'm gonna make a stew out of you."
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on July 05, 2015, 02:42:24 PM
Pepe flies several yards into the woods. The wererats, tails flopping along behind them, carry Tequila between them as they run as quickly as they can. Pepe soars in even quicker, though, and lands deftly on Bandit B. The bandit falls prone (and is Staggered).
Upon landing, Pepe notices immediately that the surrounding woods look quite a bit different than the clearing where the group made camp. The trees are significantly taller. Where stray shafts of moonlight fall into the woods, you see that many trees have a silvery color to their trunks and long, bluish-green leaves. Large fireflies hover in the air, providing further illumination.
Bandit C retains his grip on Tequila as best he can. "Shucks, nobody told us this job was gonna be so dangerous!" "Ratness save me!" hollers the bandit on the ground under Pepe's blade. Bandit C, slightly out of breath but uninjured, looks set to continue dragging Tequila along, but before he can take another step, there is a noise of several objects rushing through the air. Tequila screams as she quickly leaps away from the bandit, who falls to the ground, three arrows cleanly piercing his body.
"I wouldn't move or shout any more if I were you," comes a nearby voice. Someone approaches from just behind Pepe and Tequila, who have to spin around to see him. It's a tall man with long, glistening blond hair going down to his waist. He's dressed in shimmering gold silk, with a red cloak around his back. His ears are tremendously long and pointed, and his eyes are completely solid blue, no white at all - distinct features of the Eladrin. This Eladrin has a longbow drawn, arrow knocked, pointing straight at Pepe. He gives a jerk of his head, and five other figures step out from the cover of the trees. All of them wear dark green cloaks with the hoods pulled up, and carry bows as well. Two of them have arrows pointing at Tequila and Bandit B, while the other three look to have just fired theirs.
The Eladrin grins. "Well, look what the rats dragged in. They might know something," he says, nodding to his companions, "they're coming with us."
The path behind the man, whence Pepe soared in from, now appears to twist through the trees in a way that should have made his flight impossible, and obscures any vision of the caravan's camp.



Meanwhile, Ruth, Jeb, and Tanya turn their attention to the forest beyond the stream. A loud, sudden scream can be heard from within the woods - but it's quickly muffled. "Dagnabbit!" says Jeb, "I hate when our passengers rush off into trouble."

What does Ruth do?
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: static2007 on July 05, 2015, 04:57:59 PM
Ruth reluctantly takes point, given she's with Jeb and Tanya rather than the usual meaty meatheads. She follows the direction of where the noise came from. Not sure what caused the screaming in the first place, she doesn't charge ahead full-speed. Instead, she goes at a reasonable pace, but keeps a wary eye out for possible territorial animals in the area 1d20+4(WIS) = 13.

Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on July 05, 2015, 05:39:17 PM
You proceed into the woods at the point where Alice entered. The trees grow quite thick here, but there's still something of a path going deeper into the forest. After a few yards, a number of broken branches indicate that there's been some sort of disturbance.
(http://i.imgur.com/81j7YLG.png) (Wisdom check: 1d20+5 = 24)
"R-r-ruth, look...!" says Tanya, who has followed quietly behind you. (Jeb, it seems, has stayed behind at the campsite). Tanya points to the ground in front of you, and there lying in the path is Alice's bow. Tanya picks it up and examines it. "Look, the string's been cut cleanly... I'm pretty sure she was attacked."
The path ahead winds past a couple of very tall, slightly orange-tinted mushrooms. The air is getting very dense.

What does Phaedra do?
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Pancakes on July 05, 2015, 06:15:05 PM
Phaedra gives Bandit E an earful of abuse (1d20+6+2 = 9 vs MD) but because she is so distracted by the splitting of the groups, she only gets out a few words "Your mother is a rat, well, I mean... augh..." and she lets her anthem come to a lame finish but bestows Rasputin a +2 to attack next round. She says, "Good luck, mustache," and sprints after Ruth and Tanya across the river.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on July 05, 2015, 06:22:05 PM
"Was good song, sister!"
"Yes, gave us very merry dancing, even when we fell!" Call the twins as Phaedra rushes into the woods.

Tequila slowly puts her hands up. "Well, you sure know how to greet a lady," she says to the tall Eladrin. He and his cloaked companions keep their bows aimed.
What does Pepe do?
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Scrow Funk on July 05, 2015, 07:16:15 PM
"Alright. You got us." Pepe puts his free hand up and extends the other towards one of the bowmen, holding his dagger by the blade. "Just take it easy, we don't want any trouble." [Bluff: d20+2+2+2 = 16]

[Ready action: Grab - Trigger: enemy enters melee range]
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on July 05, 2015, 07:27:20 PM
One of the cloaked men without an arrow knocked begins to slowly approach Pepe.
"Ah-hem," says the Eladrin, "why don't two of you take the little gnome, or whatever he is? I have a feeling he's a tricky one - not to mention there's a wild rat under his boot." The wounded wererat grumbles under his breath. "Y-yes sir," stammers another one of the men with an empty bow, and joins the first bowman in approaching Pepe.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Scrow Funk on July 05, 2015, 07:49:04 PM
"Tricky? No no no, you've got me all wrong. I've got nothing up my sleeve." Pepe raises his dagger hand and feigns flicking it behind him into the woods while slyly tucking it into his sleeve. [Sleight of hand:  d20+2+4 = 26]

He allows the elves to close in without putting up a fight.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on July 05, 2015, 10:05:20 PM
The elves move in and quickly bind Pepe's wrists - not seeming to notice his hidden dagger.
The wererat is dragged to his feet. The elves remove his helmet and bind him as well. Some blood is trickling down from his forehead. "I'm uh, hurt pretty bad here..." "Yes," says the Eladrin, "Yes you are. That might help convince me the little gnome here isn't in league with you rodents."
The remaining bowmen put their weapons away and raise Tequila to her feet, quickly binding her wrists as well. The Eladrin, having not paid her much notice thus far, glances over to her - then does a small double-take and glances again. "And what of you, miss? How did you become wrapped up with lowlives and vermin like this?" She seems to have calmed down considerably since being dragged around be the wererats, and responds almost conversationally, "Oh, Pepe and I are part of a caravan journey. We just happened to get a little lost in the woods here. You seem very well-traveled in these woods - maybe you'll help us back to our camp, mister...?" The Eladrin grins. "Eupatorium. And yes, miss, I may help you - but I'm afraid I must still take you all with us to ask a few questions first. Be gentle with that one, Elves," he adds, addressing his companions, "Now let's return to Eggdrassil."

Bandit E glances nervously toward the path back into the woods. "Alright, party's over here - time for me to split!"
(Disengage check = 3)
The wererat turns to run away, but Rapsutin holds him in place with a single hand on the shoulder. The wererat turns back to face Rasputin, fear now obvious in his expression. He soon lets out a snarl, though, and attempts another bite. He again lunges with his sharp teeth, but sinks them only into Rasputin's shield, chipping a couple fangs slightly.
*THUD* "That's for taking Taqi!" as a pair of fists slam down on the Wererat's head. In the chaos following other bandits' departure and Pepe's flight, Pepito seems to have snuck up behind the enemy. The wererat is dropped to his knees by the force of the heavy blow, at which point the twins, having gained their feet, rush over. They produce short daggers from their boots and drive them into the bandit with excited shouts. "We did it!" "We have slain bandit!" "We have saved day!"

Jeb steps out from his spot behind a wagon. He surveys the campsite, now empty except for Rasputin, Pepito, the brothers, and three dead wererat bandits.
"...Welp."

[We're out of initiative, but since we're split up (interesting in this format) I'll be specific with prompts.]
As Ruth/Tanya/Phaedra and Pepe/Tequila proceed on different paths into the forest, what will Rasputin do? Also, does he have any orders for this motley crew of NPCs?
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Rick on July 05, 2015, 10:24:39 PM
"Jesus what in the hell is going on in there...  Jeb! You got a plan or should I just wing it?" Rasputin wrangles the NPC babies trying to get them to finish celebrating  "We better get after them but I dont thing you should be alone out here."
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on July 05, 2015, 10:38:14 PM
"Yep, I'll stay here and hold down the fort. Tesla, I'm countin' on you to make sure both Tequila and Alice come back safe. It's up to you which one you go after first, but ya better hurry! And yeah, make sure'n leave at least one pair of hands here."
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Rick on July 05, 2015, 11:36:18 PM
"Aw shit...  Pepperoni! Go save your girlfriend ya doofus! Pepe may need the help and besides you kinda beefed it while she was watching!" Rasputin wheels around and scans the area for dangers before starting in the direction Alice went in  (wis 1d20+4 = 11 blargle)

"Keep a eye on Jeb dorfs! You keep him safe through this mess and I'll tell you a lead about some treasure I know of. (bluff cha 1d20+4 = 24 CRIT)"  Rasputin gives a manly nod that speaks of the volumes of treasure filled adventures he has gone on.  as he trundles after the squishy baby team his mustache appears to glint like gold from the lighting.

After he gets out of direct sight he starts wondering where the hell the others got off to
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on July 08, 2015, 04:06:41 PM
"What bothers me," Tanya says, "well, aside from the fact that we're delving into a forest that will be incredibly strange and dangerous if even half the legends about it are true, is um, Tequila getting kidnapped like that. I mean, when it comes to 'strange and dangerous', wererat bandits have got nothing on her."
There isn't much time to ponder this; Phaedra and Rasputin soon catch up, and the four of you proceed down the path. Soon you reach the two tall, orange mushrooms. The air becomes even more humid here, and takes on a punget aroma that seems strangely familiar.
Beyond the mushrooms, which form a sort of arch over the pathway, the forest opens up into an otherworldly sight. There is a wide bog. Aside from a few patches, the earth is submerged in a thick, orange sludge, which churns in slow currents throughout the area. Numerous smaller mushrooms are scattered around, all orange with white spots.
There's a signboard near one of the tall mushrooms on the path.

"YOU ENTER THE DEMENSE
OF THE RAT KING:
THE FEY'EL BOG."

There are a couple of average-sized rats crawling around on the patches of earth. A tall, rectangular stone stands in the center of the area; it's about eight feet tall, and five feet across on each side.
There are two paths out of this area, both framed by similar tall, arch-like mushrooms.

(http://i.imgur.com/k0WAn1D.jpg) (http://i.imgur.com/tVHdPd0.jpg)

What do you do?

[Coming soon: The Adventures of Pepe]
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Pancakes on July 08, 2015, 08:02:43 PM
"The Rat King, huh? I wonder if it's a man who lords over rats, or a rat of royal heritage, or just a were rat who thinks very highly of himself." Phaedra says, while trying to remember if she has ever heard a story about a rat king.
(Int roll: 1d20+3 = 5.)
Phaedra's eyes brighten, "Oh my Kord! Could this be the famous king who slew the World Salamanca?!"
Tanya sighs and says, "That's the Raton Lord... they're completely different."
Phaedra frowns, "Oh... well then, maybe this marsh has a clue then."
Phaedra takes a few steps into the clearing and tries to spot anything interesting. (Wis: 1d20+1 = 13)
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on July 09, 2015, 01:54:41 AM
Out of the corner of your eye, you think you see someone moving around near the tall stone. When you look in that direction again, you can't see anyone.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on July 10, 2015, 01:16:31 AM
And so, you and Tequila are led deeper into the woods by Eupatorium and the five Elves. They are Elves - you confirm it when some of them venture to pull back their hoods, revealing distinctive pointed ears, but less fantastical features than the Eladrin himself.
The forest remains thick, lit by continually present fireflies as well as some unfamiliar luminescent lichens. As you proceed on, the Elves picking easy paths though the thick underbrush, the trees get bigger and bigger. Some of them seem several dozen feet tall, and wide enough to build a house in.
Eupatorium refrains from making much conversation during the hike, though you do notice him making frequent glances at Tequila - at least one of which she seems to have returned with a sly wink. Eventually, though, the Eladrin speaks up.
"We're almost back. Though our mission cannot be counted a success, I suppose you Elves didn't completely bungle things up - I might make good reports about some of you, if I end up remembering any of your names." Some of the elves glance uneasily at each other, but say nothing. Eupatorium continues, addressing you and Tequila, "As for you two - our honored guests," (a slight chuckle), "I should tell you that you're likely to be questioned by- Hold there, everyone!" He's stopped walking, and holds both hands up. Once all eyes are upon him, he lowers one hand to point directly at a particularly tall and wide tree. "That tree. That's the one!" One of the elves shuffles nervously. "...sir?" "I say that's the tree where that damned creature was living!" He walks somewhat manically over to the tree and gives it a swift kick. Most of the elves flinch. There's a bit of a hollow "thump" noise, but little else happens. "Gah! Nothing to do since it crawled into that hole." He points to a circular hole at the base of the tree, just a couple feet across. "If only there was some way to get in there and nab the bastard, I'd- wait."
Eupatorium turns to you.
"You there, Sir Gnome," he says, almost suppressing condescension, "Something very important was taken from me by a creature that lives in that tree - the entrance to which is only suited to someone of your, ah, unique stature. If you follow my instructions and retrieve my lost item, things may be simpler for you when you are brought to Eggdrassil. What say you, hm?"
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Scrow Funk on July 10, 2015, 02:23:34 AM
"Well, gee, since you asked so nicely." Pepe spits out his reply, gnashing his teeth. " "But I won't be retrieving much of anything like this," he adds, motioning to his arms.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on July 10, 2015, 10:02:25 PM
"What do you mean, you won't be retrieving much of anything like those? Why would I want you to retrieve tied-up arms?" One of the elves says, "Sir, I think he meant-" "QUIET! Of course I know what he meant. Sure, sure, untie him. Now look here," continues Eupatorium, "We'll be keeping watch over the tree - and the madame here - so it's not like you'll be able to pull any trickery, all right? Just get in that tree and find what was taken from me. It's just a little square wooden box, a few inches across. Don't concern yourself with opening it, it's locked anyway. As for dealing with whatever that thing is that took it, well... I'd love to provide you with a weapon, but you gnomes have all sorts of magic anyway, so I'm sure you'll be fine. Now go."

As you ready yourself to crawl into the narrow hole in the tree, Tequila walks over to you. The elves who have been leading her along look as nervous as ever, but don't actually do anything. She leans down and whispers to you, "I'll work on getting this guy to be a little nicer. Have fun in the tree there - but if you run into real trouble, just say my name and I'll be there..." As she rises to walk away, she blows a kiss, leaving a tingling feeling on your cheek that is almost certainly supernatural.

The hole leading inside the tree is a tight fit even for a halfling, but with some wriggling and crawling you manage to make it in. After going in for just a few feet, the hole opens up and reveals that the tree is almost entirely hollowed out.

(http://i.imgur.com/6VAdvsL.jpg)
(Grey space is outside thine vision)

There are two carved-out paths to the left and right, with a long wall in the center. Near the wall are a couple candles throwing flickering light around the interior of the tree, as well as a speckled egg. A small pile of bones sits to your left, and a hole leading deeper toward the roots is to your right.
You hear something rustling around on the other side of the wall.

What do you do?



Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Scrow Funk on July 10, 2015, 10:23:08 PM
Pepe briefly considers what kind of creature might have left an egg like that (Knowledge (Eggs): d20+1 = 4 ) before losing interest and wondering why he would have even cared to begin with. Getting back to the task at hand, Pepe quietly shuffles over to the left edge of the wall and peeks around the corner (Sneakin': d20+6 = 17), picking up a bone along the way.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on July 11, 2015, 12:03:52 PM

(http://i.imgur.com/mThjuMi.jpg)
You sneak a sneaky peek around the corner. Moving about near the back of the tree, sleek purple skin shimmering in the flickering candlelight, is a Salamanca. It walks on its hind legs, busying itself by picking something up from a stone table and dropping it into a simmering cauldron. There are two small, elegantly carved wooden chests in the other corner. Another hole in the floor is visible beyond the table.

Now what?

Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Scrow Funk on July 11, 2015, 12:21:15 PM
Are either of the two chests small enough to be the box the guy was talking about? Also: WHAT is a salamanca (Knowledge (Salamancas) d20+1 = 3).... is a question that will continue to haunt Pepe for the remainder of his days.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on July 11, 2015, 12:24:10 PM
Are either of the two chests small enough to be the box the guy was talking about?

Nope, he said "a couple inches", each of these chests are a couple feet across.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Scrow Funk on July 11, 2015, 12:30:11 PM
Pepe takes the bone he picked up and flings it towards the eastern wall, hoping to distract the mysterious Salamanca. (d20+6 = 14)
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: static2007 on July 11, 2015, 01:29:13 PM
Ruth takes a careful look at the swamp and mushrooms. These look familiar, don't they?

1d20+7 = 27
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Rick on July 11, 2015, 02:17:36 PM
Rasputin squints at the bubblin swamp before looking up at phaedra.  "We might want to get a rope around you.  I dont think wandering into this semi-poison looking shit is gonna end well. Either way Im thinking rats in a rat kings den is bad. we better step on them so they dont... rat us out to their boss." He then pauses in his wandering.  "...heh. rat wordplay." he then thinks back on his own travels through this region or tavern expeditions remind him of any info on this nasty business. (1d20+4 = 10).

He is then far more interested in any psychic damage done by his rat puns anyway 
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on July 11, 2015, 02:53:09 PM
Ruth takes a careful look at the swamp and mushrooms. These look familiar, don't they?

1d20+7 = 27

Accounts of the Fey'el Bog are incredibly rare - as stated before, most who enter these woods during a full moon do not return. One of the very few explorers who did return, a man by the name of Quesaeus,  later took up residence in the Winterbole Forest, and passed on his written account of the Bog on to a young girl who lived nearby and had an interest in magical phenomena. To such a girl, a firsthand account of a site in the Feywild was sure to remain treasured.

The Fey'el Bog itself is a swamp filled with a substance thought to be totally unique to the area: an orange sludge containing compounds very similar to lactic proteins and enzymes. One whiff at the present moment confirms it - this stuff's practically cheese. The presense of this substance, named Quesaeu for the man who discovered it, has had clear effects here. The area has naturally attracted a huge population of rodents. Additionally, the local fungus has been noticeaby changed by growing in this uniquely nutritive sludge. Most of the mushrooms here have grown to enormous size, though they have little unique properties besides that. A certain species of tuber that grows just under the surface of the earth, though, has a tendancy to absorb the compounds in the Quesaeu to an extreme extent without a relative increase in size, making them dense in nutritional value and unique flavor. These are the "Queselium" tubers, highly coveted in many regions of the natural world.

Usually Queselium can only be found by animals with an accutely tuned sense of smell, but it appears a chunk of it has somehow emerged from the ground and is sitting in plain sight [the brightly-colored object on the left].
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Pancakes on July 11, 2015, 06:59:32 PM
Phaedra's eyes light up upon being informed of the cheese potato and she attempts to push one of the mushrooms into the cheese swamp so she can walk across.  (Str roll: 1d20+4 = 24).
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on July 12, 2015, 10:03:11 AM
(http://i.imgur.com/aujrAPj.jpg) (http://i.imgur.com/lckWBbX.jpg)

Phaedra delivers a mighty chop to one of the tall mushrooms, which cleanly splits it in two. Both halves fly a short distance to either direction, and land in such a way as to provide easily walkable paths over the swamp.
The rats scurry around a bit, but still seem to be minding their own business.

(http://i.imgur.com/96R5dsK.jpg)
The bone whirls through the air and hits the wall with a small "clack". The Salamanca looks up from its cauldron. "Ehhhh?" It totters over to the bone, picking it up off the floor. "Who's tossing bones around? Are you finally up and about, Rhugo? Or... oh dear, did I leave you to hatch on the floor there, Amby?" The Salamanca begins moving toward the corner of the wall closest the egg.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Scrow Funk on July 12, 2015, 12:18:33 PM
Pepe sneaks over to the closest chest (Stealth: d20+6 = 26) and cracks it open to look for the Box.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on July 13, 2015, 02:50:03 PM
The Salamanca comes around the corner just as you duck around the wall. "Ah, I did leave you there, Amby. At least you didn't hatch while I had my back turned! Come come, let's put you down below where it's safe."
When you attempt to open the chest on the left, you find that it's locked.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Scrow Funk on July 13, 2015, 03:24:10 PM
Pepe whips out his trusty lock-picking set and gets to work. (Thievery: d20+6 = 7 uh oh) Pepe makes a mental note to start buying thief supplies from either a less shady merchant or a significantly more shady one.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Rick on July 13, 2015, 10:08:25 PM
"Lets just find the girl and go.  This is a weird and silly place.  Also fuck these rats"Rasputin picks up a large rock and hucks it at one of the rats as hard as possible. (crit fail 1d20+5 = 6) but the rock somehow slips from his hand due to the cheese buildup on his hand and it sails off in a odd direction  "Shit.  Heads up."
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on July 13, 2015, 10:35:52 PM
Your shoddy theives' tools make a loud "CRUNCH" noise as both they and the lock break simultaneously. With surprising agility, the Salamanca pokes its head back around the corner.
"Aaack! Rugoh there's a GNOME IN HERE! Yaaaah!" It rushes back around the corner, and you can hear it slide down into the hole.



The heavy stone sails directly for the hunk of Queselium that Phaedra's attention had been fixed on. The rock hits the tuber on its side, causing it to go flying toward the bog. There's a sudden movement in the goop, and a large mass can be seen rising quickly from it. When the Queselium is inches from the surface of the Quesaeu, a pair of large jaws emerge from the bog and catch it. You see a glimpse of a large, white, roughly scaled creature submerging itself back into the Quesaeu.

What do you do next?
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Scrow Funk on July 13, 2015, 10:45:36 PM
Pepe loses his cool at his awful state of affairs and hollers at the beast. "Dammit get back here you overgrown lizard! Gimme the box you stole from that creepy elf idiot right now, or you'll regret it!" Pepe scans the room for leverage and notices the cauldron. "I'll... I'll make one hell of a mess out of your pots and pans! I mean it!" (Intimidate:  d20+4 = 23 )
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: static2007 on July 13, 2015, 10:48:15 PM
"Well, fuck me sideways."

What the hell is that thing...? 1d20+7(INT) = 15
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Rick on July 13, 2015, 10:52:39 PM
"...Im not going in there.  Phaedra maybe you can chat with that thing.  You're one fourth frightening monster arent you?" Rasputin chucks another rock into the opposite side to see if there is more than one
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on July 13, 2015, 11:01:01 PM
Ruth recalls yet another story about the Fey'el Bog, a part that Quesaeus was hesitant even to put down in writing. You have witnessed a fearsome Quesadile. It's a powerful reptile that lives its whole life in the Queseau muck, emerging only when it finds an opportunity to consume some ever-coveted Queselium tubers. Otherwise, it simply feeds on any animals foolish enough to wade too far in to the cheesy goop.

Rasputin's second rock lands in another patch of swamp, and makes a "plop" sound, after which it takes a moment to sink. Nothing else happens.


Just as abruptly as he'd retreated, the Salamanca pokes his head back up out of the hole in the floor, a look of what is probably fear on its face. "D...don't you touch that cauldron! It's Rugoh's medicine! Wh-wh-why did Eupatorium have to send such a devious creature in here?! Fine, I'll take you down to Rugoh - he's got what you're looking for. Just let me take some of this medicine with us, ok? He's real sick down there!"
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Scrow Funk on July 13, 2015, 11:23:00 PM
Pepe breathes a sigh of relief at seeing his awful bluff work on the poor creature. "Alright, fine, bring him his medicine. But no funny business." Pepe rests his hand on his dagger, still on his belt.
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Pancakes on July 14, 2015, 08:45:19 AM
Phaedra levels a withering glare at Rasputin, "I can see why you thought that prize tuber could have been a lute playing bard, on account of the lumpiness, but you've blown it this time." She squints at the cheese pond from a safe distance, considering, "Well, maybe that thing is just full up on gold potatoes... we should definitely kill it. But, not right now. Red, can't you use your stage tricks to set up a portal that comes back here, or like a talking map the memorizes this place? Either way we need to find that customer before we think about the loch ness munster."
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: static2007 on July 14, 2015, 10:53:54 PM
"Stage tricks don't create magical portals—okay, here. How about I use a ghost sound to distract the monster so we can proceed to find our walking paycheck?"
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Space Raton on July 16, 2015, 09:20:21 AM
[
*Ghost Sound*
Version 13.A.ge

Arguments
Coordinates (deprecated, instead enter:) General Vicinity:
Sound Type:
Volume in dB:
]
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: Pancakes on July 16, 2015, 02:57:29 PM
"Uh oh... Tanya's making that noise again. Way to go Red..." Phaedra mutters, adding, "I just know we're gonna get lost in some stupid rat hell and never find this place again."
Title: Re: The Crandel Caravan in: Rage of the Rat King
Post by: static2007 on July 17, 2015, 09:24:15 PM
Ruth prepares a Ghost Sound directed towards the end of the swamp that doesn't interfere with their rescue attempt. It's the sound of a Queselium tuber going, "BOY HOWDY, SURE DO ENJOY THIS HERE SWAMP FOR THIS HERE TUBING!" at the volume of a normal shouting voice.